Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,129   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
    I see flying saucers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    What was all the bruhaha about?
    Be prepared to defend your rights or LOSE them. Do you think once a 'no photography' law is passed, that it will be repealed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Be prepared to defend your rights or LOSE them. Do you think once a 'no photography' law is passed, that it will be repealed?
    Like I said - doom and gloom.

Regards, Art. (Gotta go - boarding call)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ignore it and it'll go away, huh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    ignore it and it'll go away, huh?
    When I see an anthill, I step over it. I don't put on mountain climbing gear.

Regards, Art. (OK, now I really gotta go.)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But clearly though - this is a growing trend, don't you think? It may not affect you and you may not care, but it seems there are increasing numbers of photographers who are being affected by this, being accosted by security personnel with a dubious understanding of the law...

Personally, I feel this is not cool, and may be some sort of test bed for things to come. I think anything we can do, including writing to congressmen, etc., will be helpful.

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'm in Chicago most of this week on business, and I saw this (?) item on the local news this morning (August 28, not 16) that said that UP and Metra had rescinded an earlier item (which prohibited photography), and now DOES allow photography from the Metra platforms.

They said that they still reserve the right to question anybody acting suspicious, with a camera or not.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dmr
    I'm in Chicago most of this week on business, and I saw this (?) item on the local news this morning (August 28, not 16) that said that UP and Metra had rescinded an earlier item (which prohibited photography), and now DOES allow photography from the Metra platforms.

They said that they still reserve the right to question anybody acting suspicious, with a camera or not.
    Cool deal, thanks for updating, I'm glad to see common sense prevailed. This could not have possibly been a corprate decision.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A
    Cool deal, thanks for updating, I'm glad to see common sense prevailed. This could not have possibly been a corprate decision.

Mike
    It sounds to me like it WAS a corporate decision - through and through - but that they realized what they were doing was fascist and was attracting a lot of bad press! So - that's why they rescinded. I'm guessing, anyway...!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank-G
    I see flying saucers.
    Frank - when you cover one eye... are they still there? You might want to go to an opthamologist for that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin