Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,159   Online: 775

Shooter
    35mm

Chicago Community Darkroom

Here's an update about Chicago Community Darkroom NFP which is the only community darkroom left in Chicago where everyone is welcome. It really doesn't matter if you have never used film or are a seasoned veteran- this is the place for everybody to meet, learn, and have a great time developing film and making prints.

The past couple months have been quite exciting.

We just had the floors refinished (yes, the carpet is gone) and we've acquired equipment from another darkroom that closed. We now have a film drying cabinet and fiber print dryer in addition to a second sink.

We have an open house every week (usually Wednesdays at 8:00pm) for current members to meet and for the curious to see how things work or just try the place out. Searching for our name will take you to our website for more information.

I hope this post doesn't break any rules- we exist only to provide education and access to a darkroom for anybody that's interested. Sadly, this is very rare these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is rare. I'm living in Maine these days, but was born and raised and spent most of my life in the Chicago area. If I move back, I know one place I'll be sure to visit.
    Jim
    'It matters little how much equipment we use; it matters much that we be masters of all we do use.' - Sam Abell

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    CCD - do you have color chems? Might drop in for a day print session if you have some RA4 on site?
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin