Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,001   Online: 933

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards went out yesterday. Mission accomplished. Now... I still have to find some time to comment on the cards received so far.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received Trond's beach photograph. Very interesting idea, and very fine grey tones too. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    25 Mar 2012

This week's mail brought four cards.

The card from kraker makes good use of depth-of-field and repeating patters. I like how the little bit of roadway adds to the dimension of the photo.
    The print form MarkBarendt of "The Mittens" is very nicely composed, and has a lot of potential. It would be nice to see a fine print from this negative.
    The photo from Trond is quite interesting. I really like how the feet included in the print add so much to the quality of the photograph.
    The last card does not have a name attached to it, but the photo was taken at my favorite ghost town - Bodie, CA. This former gold mining town is one of the most fascinating places to photograph in eastern California. The photograph is well composed and printed.

Thanks to all for the nice photos this round.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    The print form MarkBarendt of "The Mittens" is very nicely composed, and has a lot of potential. It would be nice to see a fine print from this negative.
    Thanks Darwin, I'd like to see that too.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My "cards" are finally in the mail. Thanks for all who have participated, I've received 22 out of 40, so I guess I'm not the only one who struggles with time and life passing at full speed.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been quiet for a while. I will in the next day or two put together my comments on the numerous pictures received so far. I also still have to print my cards and post off. Please accep my apologises for wing a little tardy in this respect.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the past couple of weeks I've received:
    Mark Barendt's beach scene: Strangely gray, but nicely composed.
    Trond flipped me a "Bird": The feet indeed do add something to the photo, and I like the texture of the pebbles.
    Also, just today I received George Nova Scotia's Kodak tribute. All three images are memorable in their own way, although I'm rather struck by the daylily, even in the small size. George, you do us lesser experienced printers a great service in providing us samples of these paper specimens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > just today I received George Nova Scotia's Kodak tribute

I got the three photographs too. Very interesting! I like the 1957 paper most. It was outdated before my date of birth (1958). Only a slight fog which could be reduced with some more bromide or Farmers reducer. That means the paper is neaerly fully working! Really great.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cards received so far (sorry I didn't comment on them earlier), in random order:

Steelbar, abandoned school, a simply beautiful print, the tones, the shadows, the building; it all fits.
    bluejeh, coffee carafe, nice detailed photo of what seems to be a special carafe.
    bluejeh2, ghost town, love the dramatic printing with the darkened sky, fits the subject very well.
    drpsilver, me, the bean. An interesting, distorted self-portrait. I like it.
    Rob Skeoch, old house (a.k.a. Coca-Cola), what's not to like about this? Great motif, I can just keep looking at it. Great print, and lovely paper.
    delphine, Brighton marina, magical indeed. I like it upside-down too, with its distorted but not-too-distorted reflections.
    mooseontheloose, festival dancer, no HIE this time, but a great shot nonetheless. Action, movement, great DOF; another great card.
    guitstik, dew in the pines, a brittle subject, a good find. I was going to ask whether it is toned, but I see it is C-41 B&W film printed on color paper, so that explains the "toning". Fits the subject, I like it!
    Trond, bird. Amazing, a great photo. The bird, the pebbles, and the dark trousers in the upper right corner as stark contrast; a powerful picture.
    Mark Barendt, Oahu North shore, yes, the season is here again.
    George Nova Scotia, triplet of Kodak papers; this felt like a present opening it, reading one description, viewing one photo, reading the next description, watching the next photo, repeat once more. They're all lovely, but if I had to choose one, the Daylily is truly amazing. Not only a great shot (as are all), but amazing to see what is still possible with that paper! Thanks a bunch!
    crispinuk, ginger flower, the comments get boring: another lovely shot. The completely black background is a great addition for this print.

12 out of 25 received, and it is another great round! Thank you all, I wouldn't want to miss this!

Now, let's see if I find any more cards beneath or inbetween stacks of mail...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My list is below. If anyone has sent stuff to me, and I haven't received it let me know. Our rural post office is famous for putting mail in the wrong places.

Andrew.vartabedian
    Black Dog
    bluejeh - received
    bluejeh2 - received
    ccross
    delphine - received
    DerekLofgreen
    drpsilver - received
    George Nova Scotia
    gordrob
    guitstik - received
    Jon King
    Kc2edh
    Laurent
    markbarendt - received
    markrewald
    Mike Wilde - received
    mooseontheloose - received
    Nige - received
    ozphoto
    Rob Skeoch - received
    rst
    Steelbar - received
    tj01
    Trond - received

I received "NYC 1998" but dont know who it is from.

(Matt wasn't on my list, but I traded with him anyway. Thanks Matt!)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin