Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,511   Online: 986

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516
    Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    28/30

TJ01 "Luang Prabang, Laos" - TJ I think you have captured the moment perfectly. It is as if I am there myself.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    TJ01's card has also made it to Canada, well done. Yes, of course I like it, I think I can imagine the back story and the perspective is great. Thanks very much.

If my check marks are correct there are 4 cards still outstanding from this round (25). Maybe the post office decided they were so nice and they kept them - maybe not. Remember it's never too late to send out a card, get them out now and you'll be off the naughty list time for round 27!

George

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have received tj01's card, you've captured the scene very well, it is as if I am standing there myself, standing next to Oxleyroad. Lovely shot, thanks!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    TJOI – Monks making/taking offering. A nice composition.

There is good use of a non infinite depth of field here to draw you eye in to the figures in the foreground, but acknowledge the line of people in the proceeding.

The print might be a wee bit lacking in the contrast for my tastes, but I do not know what kind of contrast range you have to work with in the negative. The mid tones are well depicted.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for replies on the postcard.
    Mike Wilde,
    It was taken at 5.30am in the morning. I might try on filter 3, rather than 2. But I wanted to keep the whites on the foreground lady's hair to be a little off white. Might try filter 3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since my last comment I received two further cards:

Black Dog - "Rocks and Water" - This is the second card I’ve received from Jake in this exchange. I’m not sure why I am this lucky, but I am grateful. It is an intriguing and slightly confusing colour print, with an almost unworldly set of colours
    tj01 - "Luang Prabang, Laos" - an interesting image of an exotic scene.

Thanks all. I’ve received in total 28 cards and look forward to receiving the remaining two (Jon King, jackie_like_the_chan).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received an "On the Beach" card from Trond. Beautiful sharp slow exposure. It makes a nice abstract. Very much worth waiting for!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    I have received an "On the Beach" card from Trond. Beautiful sharp slow exposure. It makes a nice abstract. Very much worth waiting for!
    Thanks! Although the round number is wrong. I was so much in a hurry to get the cards to mailbox that I forgot to change the round number from 25 to 26...

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have received Trond's card "On the Beach - well worth the wait!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin