Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,628   Online: 860

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    This round ist very fast, I got two more cards:
    A wonderful morning atmosphere in a yacht haven from Delphine Lopez
    An interesting photograph with dw in the pines from Joel Farris
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    19 Feb 2012

I finally made time to get into the darkroom. All my cards are drying. I hope to have them labeled and posted by week's end. I have received many very nice cards, and will comment on them later.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got three cards this last Saturday :

Delphine's yacht haven. The atmosphere is dreamy, the still water makes a lot for this; and the perspective and the graphical rendition is simply amazing.

Terry Christian's Pyramid Arena in Memphis. Very graphical composition, the pyramid looks quite huge.

Joel Farris'sdew in the pines. Lovely closeup, really puts the viewer's attention to the humble details, which I love.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards arrived today:

Delphine's Yacht's - lovely printing and the fog adds to the scene beautifully;
    Joel's Dew in the Pines - a nice detail shot, that makes me yearn for some cooler weather right now!

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    5 in 25 to go

So fast after the sart of round 25.

Mike Wilde - . Three cards in an envelope. seeing what Canada post charges I can see why you want to send as much as you can for the one price. I always look forward to your cards, a real mystery of what I will get.
    mooseontheloose - Paro Festival Dancer #2. My first hand written cards for this round. You have captured the dancer beautifully.
    anikin - Prickly Card. My first colour print for round 25. Thank you very much for this picture. The colours look to my eye so realistic. Well done on the colour balance.
    Rob Skeoch - Resting in the Shade. The choice of the Ilford Art 300 really has helped this picture stand out. Visitors to my place can't believe it is a wet darkroom print.
    MattKing - Boathouses. I love it as it took me back a while to Norway where I had seen something very similar. The colours were vivid, but not brilliant.

Thanks to you all for these great starters to round 25.

I was sent off on a work trip at 4 hours notice today. As soon as I was told of the trip I was off home to throw in a Nikon F5 with several lenses, Kodak Panoram #4, Franka Solida III, Voigtlander Bessa, Olympus XA, Horizon U500, a Stereo camera and a bucket of films before I grabbed a weeks worth of clothing. I hope to get an image that is worthy of this exchange from the Victorian high country in between the challanges of work.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anakin – Prickly card. RA-4 contact printing of a 4x5. Nice treat. Ektar, eh? That explains the ‘slide like’ colour contrast. The framing might have been helped by a lower viewpoint, but I am sure there were prickly issues that constrained where you imaged from.

Delphine – Brighton Marina. Ah the joys of the still early morning water. Particularly is you were one of the ones dragging themselves home at that hour. The slightly off centered viewpoint from the middle between the row of moored boats strengthens the image over what a fully symmetrical framing would have provided. Nice bold margins, a nice range of print tones. The fog does not come though as strongly in the print as you recall it. I know first hand the challenges of getting a convincing fog to print. It was that challenge that drove me to start dabbling with PMK pyro, but even that film developer does not always deliver great fog rendition in the print.

Matt King – Boathouses. A most delicious slight shimmer in the reflection in the water, as only a light breeze can deliver. Nice image. I might have printed it with a bit of a higher contrast to lighten the face of the boat houses.

Meazdad81: Dew in the Pines- Lovely bokeh, and tack sharp capture of the drops of moisture on the end of each needle. Nice use of all black in one corner to kind of ‘anchor’ the image for me. This picture is a great example of showing that there are good images available for the capture everywhere. ‘ All’ we need to do is slow down and take a good look. Good blacks from RA-4 color paper. I know this is not always easy to do.

Rob Skeoch – Resting in the Shade Lovely tonal range. The nice lack of focus in the background draws us to the kid flopped/draped on the motorcycle, thanks to low ambient leading to a less than infinity DOF. The posing, if there was any, is very good. Otherwise, the image is a fine example of good street photography. There is a great matt texture to the paper finish. I am tempted to try this paper, despite a full freezer of paper I already stock.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    21 Feb 2012

First, my cards will go out in today's mail.

Secondly, my comments on cards received so far (in no particular order).
    The card from Terry Christian is intriguing because I do not think of Egypt in Tennessee. Using slightly soft optics adds some dimension to the image.
    The photograph from guitstik uses short depth-of-field to help the viewer ask "What is in the background?" The pine needles nicely frame the background.
    Rob Skeoch sent a card with one of my favorite subjects, flowing water. Looks like a really cool (both photographically and literally) place.
    Of the three photo sent by Mike Wilde the most interesting (to me) is "Folk Art Fish" Where did you find any Panatomic-X? Thanks for so much information about your photos.
    It was a surprise to get a color print in the mail. This one came from anikin. Good mixture of colors with the prickly pear bloom as a focus.
    The card from MattKing of the boathouses in Ladner is interesting because there are very little highlights or shadows, just lots of midtones for the view to into for detail.
    I have never seen the effect that Piu58 shows in his card. It must be really neat to see these "ice shields" up close.
    The card from Delphine is my favorite so far this round. The reflection of the boat, the fog, a corridor formed by the boats. So many nice design elements that give the viewer lots to look for. Keeps the image interesting.

Thanks to all for a wonderful set of cards.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine were dropped off at the post office an hour ago!

I got Rachelle's photo in! It is very interesting indeed! I love the tiny bit of motion in the dress.

Does everyone else in the US know that post cards have their own stamp? Its only 32 cents vs the normal 42 cents.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my second and third cards in last Thursday and today:
    First, "Paro Festival Dancer #1" from mooseontheloose. A dynamic moment and a swirl of costume captured beautifully.
    Just today I received "Brighton Marina" from Delphine. The symmetry, off-center composition, and the fog all draw the eye in. I think this would be also be amazing printed much larger.

Oh, and ChristopherCoy? U.S. postcard rate is indeed 32 cents, but "regular" rate is 45 cents, not 42.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anikin's Prickly Card arrived today - always great to get a colour card in the exchange, and a 5x4 to boot!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin