Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,989   Online: 785

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    One came in today. Delphine Lopez's Brighton Marina has such a great mood to it. Such great tones and sharpness in both the boats and the water.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I second Rob's comments. I received Delphines today as well. I absolutely cannot believe how sharp this photo is. Absolutely gorgeous photo.

I also like how you chose to frame it. I used the Ilford postcards as well, but chose to blow up my photo as large as I could. I really like the border on your photo.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another card rolled in this morning.
    Terry Christian's shot of the Pyramid Arena in Memphis.
    It's a nice shot from that 60 year old camera. I hadn't heard of that model before so had to take a google and see what they looked like.
    Classic folder. Does your's take the 120 film or the more difficult to find 620?

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob: It takes 120 (and can take 620), but I've run into problems with the roll getting tight in the camera, causing transport issues. If I cut down the plastic flanges, they fit much better. I was taking the shot in the afternoon, facing west, so the sun almost flaring into the camera made the image a bit "dreamier" than intended.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today brought another postcard: "Me, The Bean, Chicago" by Darwin (drpsilver). Neat image and off-center composition. One can't really tell he's reflected in metal; it looks more like a skewed image of him standing on concrete pavement. I did a similar thing last year in the reflection of the Vito Acconci sculpture A Roof Like a Liquid Flung Over the Plaza, at the Cannon Center for the Performing Arts here in Memphis. { my shot | a better look at the sculpture | another one }

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's one you took on our walk isn't it?

I also, have been receiving postcards and I seem to go through withdrawal on the days that none show up.

The last few I have received have been welcomed additions to those already received.

Darwin's "Me, The Bean, Chicago". I like the skewed lines and the way the subject seems to lean into the frame as he is intently getting his focus. Interesting composition.

Christopher Coy's zydeco breakfast is wonderful. Having spent a lot of time in 'Orleans myself, I must ask if you caught this while he was at rest because I know how fast they play. But judging from the blur of his index finger on the key, you caught him at just that right moment. I am definitely going to have to try the Ilford stock you printed it on.

I still have a few more that I have to get in the mail but I will leave it to your imagination's as to why I haven't finished yet.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Having spent a lot of time in 'Orleans myself, I must ask if you caught this while he was at rest because I know how fast they play. But judging from the blur of his index finger on the key, you caught him at just that right moment. I am definitely going to have to try the Ilford stock you printed it on.

In fact, he was playing at the time. And if I remember correctly, it was what we call a 'jitterbug' so it was rather fast. I changed my motor drive to continuous and took three shots in a row. The other two had just a bit too much blur in the fingers. I thought this one had just enough to show the motion, but not enough to ruin it.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Postcard Exchange Round 25

Postcards from Bluejeh and Bluejeh2 are in the mail. Yippee!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    24 Feb 2012

Two cards arrived today. ChristopherCoy's card of the zydeco music player is very nice. I have no idea what zydeco music is like, but the feeling of activity comes through in the photograph. The second card is from ozphoto (who forgot to put her name on the card). A nice color photo that brings back memories of my trips to NYC. Unfortunately the postal service "left their mark" in the middle of the sky. I guess these marks add tot he the flavor of the card.

Thanks Terry and guitstik for you nice comments. "Cloud's Rest" (aka "The Bean") is a big chrome mirror in the shape of a bean. There is not a planer surface on the entire sculpture making distortion a norm when looking at anything reflected. If you are ever in Chicago visit Millennium Park.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooops, sorry about that - thought I'd signed the card, but looks as if I didn't. . . .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin