Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,182   Online: 813

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Made their way to my postbox:

Delphine Lopez - "Brighton Marina". Lovely scene, and well executed

Rachelle/mooseontheloose - "Paro Festival Dancer #2". Good to see a square shot, on paper I will never get to use (Fujibrom)

Rob Skeoch - "Resting in the shade" So this is ART 300...interesting, I hope we will get this locally, it's something else this paper...I like.

Thank you all

Looking forward to the rest

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    7 from 35.

Joel Farris - Dew in the pines. Great photo with the shallow depth of field. Have to agree with what Laurent has already said. The Fuji Archive paper has really stood up well to the riggers of the postal services.

??? - NYC USA. Panoramic style picture that brings back memories of the skyline I remember from my visits to this great city of 15 years back or more. The cropping of the image looks great to me on the card.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's one you took on our walk isn't it?

Indeed it is! I think that particular camera (a Minolta SRT-200) has a sticking shutter curtain, so that's one of the few usable shots from that roll, unfortunately. But of course it led me to bigger and better Minoltas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received cards from seven photographers so far (plus my own). The following are the photographers, the Titles (either supplied, or guessed at by me) and my comments:

guitstik - "Dew in the Pines" - I like how the background hints at mysteries
    anikin - "Prickly Card" - A colour contact print! - and a fascinating image of cacti
    delphine - "Brighton Marina" - Beautiful, repeating patterns of boats, and very nice print
    Rob Skeoch - "Haunted? House" - A wonderful print and an evocative scene
    Steelbar - "Palouse Schoolhouse" - Lots of patterns and textures in a really well-done print - are you sure you are out of practice?
    mooseontheloose - "Paro Festival Dancer #1" - Fascinating, exotic, full of movement and well printed too
    Mike Wilde - "Folk Art Fish on Old Customs Terminal - Hamilton Harbour"; "Headshots Matrix"; and "Venice Beach Boardwalk - double exposure" - Another set of three very different cards from Mike - as usual on three very different papers. I like them all, but in particular I like how the school of fish resemble slightly the "school" of community theatre supporters

Thanks all - this as always has been great fun. I look forward to receiving the remaining 21.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those of you receiving NYC: I accidentally forgot to sign it - apologies to all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more in the mail today, Beth (Winger) says she has a thing for leaves and I believe her. Interesting textural piece, I ended up holding it at arms length and squinting to get a feel for how it was arranged. Some nice use of negative space but I think a dark background would have made it stronger and the leaves would have "popped" more. The TMY is glossier than I prefer but it looks almost grain free and I may end up trying it out if I can still find it.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just got my offerings in the post - Here's to hoping they don't get mangled in the system.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I found drpsilvers really great shot "Me, the bean, Chicago" in my letterbox. Is that a traffic mirror? Phantastic idea.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today's delivery was Christopher Coy's musical study.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In no particular order, have received the following cards in the last week or so:

mooseontheloose "Paro Festival Damar #2" - Interesting shot, one I'd like to see on a bigger scale.
    delphine "Brighton Marina" - Caught the mist coming in at just the right moment.
    guitstik "Dew in the Pines" - Got a little munched in the post. At first, I thought the print had been toned, but I see it is on FujiColor Crystal. The result of using a chromogenic B&W film perhaps ?
    drpsilver "Me, The Bean, Chicago" - A self protrait that kinda makes you look short
    bluejeh2 "North of Merrit BC in a Ghost Town" - Like the sky. The burning in certainly adds "mood" to the shot.
    bluejeh "Coffee Carafe" - A simple shot that probably took hours to set up. One I'd be happy to frame and hang on the wall.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin