Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,494   Online: 870

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Laurent, NYC is my card.

In the past two days, I've received 3 cards:

Ed's wonderful "Ghost Town" - nice detail on the weathered boards;
    Judy's Coffee Carafe - I love my coffee and this suits me perfectly!
    Darwin's "The Bean" - I only got to see this wonderful sculpture as we drove to shoot some talent further around the area. Hoping to re-visit next time I'm in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    02 Mar 2012
    No it is not a traffic mirror. "The Bean" is a large sculpture in the shape of a kidney bean that has a smooth mirrored surface. There is not a planer surface anywhere on the sculpture, so everything is distorted. It sits in the middle of a large plaza in Millennium Park in Chicago
    I was wondering what it was too!

Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver
    A print from Nige that successfully accomplishes something I have been trying to do - photograph a sunset/sunrise in black & white. Have you really participated in all the Postcard Exchanges? If so, WOW!!
    No, haven't participated in all them... just the 1st one and a few others along the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all.

I've just moved to my new place and the address is:

Nanette Reid
    20/131 The Metro Rama 9
    Motorway Road, Prawet
    Bangkok 10250
    THAILAND

For those of you who have already posted your cards, don't worry: I collect my mail from the old place a couple of times a week.

Looking forward to more cards arriving soon!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Christopher Coy's Zydeco player. Neat composition for this closeup. I love accordion (not the "French typical" valse musette, but the diatonic one) and I'd really like to go there to listen to the music.

Here is a short 20 second clip of what its like inside the restaurant on the weekends. Search for 'Cafe Des Amis' on youtube and you can see a number of videos. It was also featured on the Travel Channel a few times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I've been away for a few weeks, trying to get some good photographs while in Cambodia for a work conference. Although it's nice to be back home, the cool, grey, rainy days are a bit gloomy after the blue skies and heat of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. However, I did get a mailbox full of cards which totally made my day!

Ed Higham's abandoned building is a favorite subject of mine, and I really like the glow coming off the boards in this shot. However I think I would like to see it not quite as closely cropped, or perhaps done as a square. But I like it and it reminds me of driving the number 5 highway from Kamloops to Vancouver when I used to live in B.C. Similarly, Judith's "Coffee Carafe" is a beautiful subject that I'd like to photograph myself.

Delphine's Brighton Marina has beautiful reflections and contrast, and Nanette's NYC skyline has some beautiful pastel colours that we get with early morning light (and which I especially like since it was shot of my birthday!). Another vintage shot I also enjoyed is Nige's "moonrise' (?) which reminds me a lot of experimenting with poor quality 110 cameras that we had in the house when I was growning up.

Darwin's "Me, The Bean, Chicago" is a humourous take on the standard reflection due to the distortions of the sculpture. Christopher's "Chank-A-Chank" is a great closeup of an instrument we don't see too often yet is synonymous with zydeco and New Orleans music.

Joel's "Dew in the pines" and Bethe's leaves are both great close-ups of nature, and both photographs work well in all orientations.

Terry's Pyramid Arena and Bruce's abandoned school both have some interesting triangular things happening in them, although I'm curious as to how (or why) the masking is a little eccentric on the bottom of Terry's image.

And last, but not least, Paul's "Speedbird" has a wonderful shiny, metallic look, and the slight damage from the post office makes it look like you captured it in a great panning shot.

Great work by all and I am really looking forward to the rest of the round!

Also...for those who haven't sent their cards yet, please be informed that I will be moving once again in a couple of weeks, but I'll have to let you know my address when I know it.
    Last edited by mooseontheloose; 03-07-2012 at 02:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The original negative for my photo is 6x9 and I don't have a negative carrier that size for my enlarger (Omega D2), so I cut one out of matboard. I figured as long as I was at it, I might as well make it look rough! If I'd enlarged a bit bigger, my Speed EZ-EL could have made more conventional lower edges, but to me, the irregularity makes the saturated bottom corners as ephemeral as the pyramid itself aiming for the heavens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like you guys have been flying along!

I have had 3 attempts and have still yet to finish all my printing (3 different negs. The first group were printed nearly a month ago). I have decided to try something different this time, so I hope that no-one minds.

I won't send out until all images are ready to go.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really, I wanted to be early this round... but alas, it didn't work out that way.

The good news is that I printed all my postcards yesterday. Just need to address and post them, hopefully within a week from now.

I've received quite a few cards already, I'll try to comment on those soon. In the meantime: thank you all (you know who you are) for sending your postcards.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry I've been quiet here, can only wrap my brain around so much. The post cards I get are always a fun surprise and a welcome smile.

Mine are all stamped and ready, they'll be in a mailbox in an hour or so.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sent my cards on Friday!

I've also received a lot of great cards, which I have yet to comment on. I'll come back to that!

Trond

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin