Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,218   Online: 1042

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I have also been incredibly slow in getting my cards done!

But at last they are on their way.

The cards destined for Canadian addresses are in the hands of Canada Post. And the cards destined for US and international addresses are in the hands of the United States Postal Service.

I experimented a bit this time with toning, including trying quick, partial bleaching with subsequent partial sepia and selenium toning. As a result, no two cards are alike, and some cards exhibit some uneven changes of tone.

Made it easier to ensure Judy and Ed (bluejeh and bluejeh2) don't get bored with the mail .

Thanks all for your patience - hope you like the results.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle and Matt, thanks for commenting. It's always interesting to see my card described by others, it actually makes me look at it in a different way, see it from another perspective.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Today another card arrived:

kraker sent What are you looking at? which I like very much. Well seen and nicely printed. So far this is my favorite for this round. Thanks!

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received three more cards.
    - Johannes' (labcouts) street shot. I really love thsi composition. The harsh light was managed very well. A very fine photo!
    - Anikin's Frozen trio. A slightly magic scene, very interesting.
    - Jacco#s (kraker's) "What are you looking at?" A great application of a super wide lens. I love the vastness of the meadow and the wide sky.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    29 Aug 2012

I came home from my trip to Europe to find a large box of mail with contained many nice postcards.

In no particular order ...
    The card from kraker is very nice. It is magical and mysterious at the same time.
    George Nova Scotia's card is a wonderful use of IR. Well done.
    I like how JimO has used contrast and clouds to focus the viewer on a single building which directs the eye back to the sky. Nice composition.
    I found the card from anikin quite funny. The IR film added to the humorous effect. It is comforting to see HIE effects without HIE. Well done.
    The card from labcoat prompts several questions from the viewer. What is h looking at? What is so interesting? ...
    Nice print of the capitol building in Lincoln, NE from pstake.
    A very unique and lovely print from Molli. The paper really adds to the elegance of the face and mask. (Your handwriting is very nice, and fits with the image very well.)
    The photo from rst uses a soft background to add depth to the print. I like how the leaves focus/frame the person walking in the park. Nicely done. I really like the paper you used to make this postcard.
    Three very different photos came from Mike Wilde. I like the juxtaposition between the rocks in the lake and chemical plant in the background (Image 1).
    Two very different cards from bluejah and bluejeh2. I am still working on seeing the holes to pebbles in the card from bluejeh. I like the use of reflection in the card from bluejeh2.

Thanks to all for a wonderful round of great images.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorting thru the bills on my desk I have received a few more cards from this round and one from round 24!

From rst "A Walk in the Park" Brings back good memories from a time when I could walk all day in the park. I realy love the way the light treats the leaves and branches in the foreground.

From Molli "One the Surface of Things" Once I figured which way was up it all made sense. I think the image fits the paper very nicely. "Interesting" paper seems to be a bit of a side theme here and I like it. I remember buying some pink, yellow and green dayglow paper in the 70's had to order it all the way from New York, great fun.

From pstake "Capital Building" Printed a little crooked with fuzzy edges but on KODAK post card paper no less. Nice!

From labcoat Strathclyde Loch I like the details and motion, but I have to say gulls are one of my least favorite creatures.

Anikin sent along "Frozen Trio" and given the ferns growing in the piano they have been frozen a little too long. Nice use of IR, the figures fit right in with the cotton candy foliage.

In the mail today from kraker "What are you looking at?" Yes indeed, wonder what you did to get them facing the same way? Great shot and timing.

If I count correctly that's 19 from this round, which means a few people must be entering panic mode. Sign-up for the next round starts in a couple days!

George

APUG Postcard Exchange --ROUND 31 COMMENTS--
    The Postcards Exchange Forum + FAQs + Introduction

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt King's toning experiment "Canopy" arrived to round off the month of August. Yes the toning is a bit uneven, it adds an "antique" feel to the scene. I do like the scene and the light in the distance.

Thanks all, I hope there are still a few cards on the way.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have been tardy with my postcards - apologies to all, work seems to have got in the way (again!). I'm hoping to get them finished over the weekend, and posted by the end of the week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update Nanette, I'm not sure about this "work" thing, but yes sometimes life does get in the way. I think there are still 11 cards missing from my pile, many regulars. I hope everyone is okay.

BTW if any of mine have gone astray I think I still have a few left over I could resend, just drop me a PM.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another Tardy confession here. Mine are printed, just need to be addressed and stamped. Hope to get them out during the week.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin