Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,406   Online: 769

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hornby Island Rocks - for those who have not yet seen holes turn into pebbles: place my postcard on a table; rotate the image half a turn slowly, clockwise or counter-clockwise -- you might find it helpful to shift your eyes away from the image as you move it, then focus on the image again when movement has stopped. Complete the rotation and look again.
    Apparently the change from holes to pebbles has something to do with the location of the shadows. Good luck! Just a little bit of fun!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Saturday I received Canopy from MattKing, a beautiful toned image which I like a lot. Thanks Matt.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    16/30

5 weeks since my last post. I rec'd a whole heap of mail today. The first for a long while. My postman must of been off sick. Six cards, 3 post exchange parcels and numerous on line purchases.

rst - A walk in the Park. I can almost see the colours in the folliage on this card. Thanks Ruediger.
    kraker - What are you looking at. The tone in the sky and every sheep looking int othe camera. Brilliant. I'd love to a see a much larger version of this image.
    anikin - Frozen Trio. Split grade print from Aura IR820. I have only used the regular IR820 not hte Aura. Goood to see the other used. Now I might have to try as well.
    bluejeh - Hornby Island Rocks. Guests love this one. It plays with their minds.
    bluejeh2 - Simon Fraser Univ Pool. Such symetry. A very clean and detailed photo. Another I would like to see much much larger.
    labcout - Street Scene. Great snapshot of a moment in time. I like the narrow white boarder which frames the picture well.

Thanks everyone.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    APUG postcard exchange #26

Hi folks and thankyou all for the photos received so far. Here they are listed in the order they arrived :

1 - Michigan Avenue.
    J Rollinger
    City street scene . Nicely framed with a sense of movement throughout . Hp5+ and Rodinal I notice . A combination often advised against on forums. Looks pretty good here though!

2 - Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
    Rachel (mooseontheloose)
    A night photograph, solid illuminated main subject with lots of motion blur dotted around the frame. Lots of details to enjoy.

3 - The Back Garden - 29th January 2011.
    Andy C (Oxleyroad)
    Always nice to look at infrared photos. Just that slight sidestep from everyday tonalities . Lots of depth in this pic of a very organised veg garden.

4 - Textures, Shoreline Park.
    Darwin (DRPSilver)
    Received Tue 19/06/2012
    A very crisp and full toned print. This one has grown on me quite a bit . I like the jagged edges and the contrasty light .

5 - Truro Reservoir.
    George Richards (George Nova Scotia)
    Received Tue 17/07/2012
    Lovely atmosphere to this tree and waterscape ir photograph. Nice soft clouds too. I do like 35mm landscapes .

6 - NYC, Empire State from Brooklyn Bridge.
    Jim O
    Stark and expansive city and cloudscape. Nicely framed.

7 - Envelope containing set of 3:
    Lake Ontario Shore
    Church of the Silver Ball
    Toronto Skyline from Lake Ontario.
    Mike Wild
    What can I say? Going above and beyond the call of duty -3 great photos (one in colour) each on different paperstock, my favourite being the Lake Ontario shore on pretty old and slightly fogged paper.

8 - Hornby Island Rocks.
    Judith Higham (blujeh)
    A nice abstract , this one. Taking plenty of time to absorb the shapes and textures .

9 - Simon Fraser University Pool.
    Ed Higham
    Very sharp defined edges to the building though I find myself drawn to the details in the background . Tall trees and mountains (?) through atmospheric haze. The pool in the foreground helps to evoke a still and silent mood .

10 - Frozen Trio.
    Eugene Anikin (anikin)
    More infrared! I need to get onto this myself. A jazz trio frozen in time. The background trees and bushes look like they are made of ice crystals. Possibly my favourite so far.

11- Couple photographing themselves in front of the US Capitol.
    Johannes
    A photgraph of a photgraph in the making. Very smooth tonality to this print. Just the right amount of everything.

12 - "What are you looking at?"
    Jacco de Kraker (kraker)
    very atmospheric image with a grainy, brooding sky and slightly warm tone.
    Lots of depth and lots of fine detail to peruse .

Hope to get a few more through. Thanks again for all the great work. Here's to round 27...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone who's not got one from me yet, yet me know as they've all gone out woohoo
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Anyone who's not got one from me yet, yet me know as they've all gone out woohoo
    Which reminds me ...

I have received Black Dog’s card since my last comment.

Black Dog - “Gathered from Coincidence” - colour and light and blur and water and mist - I liked it as soon as I saw it

I have now received cards from 16 people - with 8 to come.

Thanks all for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, your card arrived in the mail yesterday. I like the scene a lot -- it would a lovely place to go for a walk. Nice use of toning here too. Thanks.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy All,

Mine have been labelled and will go in the post tomorrow - hopefully those of you on my list should see them in a few weeks.

I do apologise for dragging the chain on this.

Cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I found in my letterbox the wonderful shot form Jake Williams: I can really feel the morning silence.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another card in my letter box: Matt King's "Canopy". At the first view I thought it would be a color photograph. But this fine image was multi-toned. The toning supports the sujet very well.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin