Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,167   Online: 1210

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Postcard #15 arrived yesterday.
    Flamingo Preening by Ashley (hoffy).
    Beautiful print, I'm going to frame it. I really like the vertical composition and the slight visible grain. I'm also going to have to get a box of this paper. Love the surface: Ilford MGRC IV Postcard. I use Ilford developers but have never tried the papers. This particular one just worked for this image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxBrownie View Post
    Postcard #15 arrived yesterday.
    Flamingo Preening by Ashley (hoffy).
    Beautiful print, I'm going to frame it. I really like the vertical composition and the slight visible grain. I'm also going to have to get a box of this paper. Love the surface: Ilford MGRC IV Postcard. I use Ilford developers but have never tried the papers. This particular one just worked for this image.
    If you like the paper, you can get it in other sizes too.

The Ilford postcards are on Ilford's Portfolio RC paper, with postcard backprint added.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If you like the paper, you can get it in other sizes too.

The Ilford postcards are on Ilford's Portfolio RC paper, with postcard backprint added.
    But for BoxBrownie, the paper is not easily bought in Australia. You would have to order it from O/S.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    And today there is another surprise in the mailbox crispin sent one of the rare color postcards. This one shows a church in island. Like it!

That makes 15 of 20 and only 5 to come for me in this round ... hey, time for round 27.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    But for BoxBrownie, the paper is not easily bought in Australia. You would have to order it from O/S.
    Never mind, Maybe I can get someone visiting from England to bring some in their hand luggage at some point. :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry I've been a bit slow with the updates. Life, work, busy, etc.

First, a word of thanks to all those who commented on my card, around pages 10 and 11.

I've received four more cards since my previous update:
    MattKing, canopy. Very nice atmosphere, the composition itself, the canopy, the tunnel effect, really drags one into the picture. I can imagine myself walking right there. Then there is the toning. This really adds to the atmosphere, the mystique. Well done!
    crispinuk, church in Iceland. Amazing colours. Iceland was on our shortlist this year, but we decided otherwise. Seeing this photo really makes me want to go there, someday. Who knows, maybe next year?
    Black Dog, a shot of a steamy/rainy/cold (condensed water?) window. Almost monochrome, but not quite. Simple, yet effective; an interesting photo.
    hoffy, Minolta XE-1; you've given me an idea for the shots for the next 20+ postcard exchanges . Very nice shot of what I assume to be a very nice camera (although I've never owned a Minolta).

Thanks, and keep 'em coming. Hoping for a few more cards, and looking forward to the next round.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Tones of Aluminium" from Hoffy arrived today. Very nice, it's hard to get a sense of scale, not sure just how big this structure is. Even the Post Office liked the symmetry - they added the orange bar code down both sides!

Crispen's "Church in the north of Iceland" arrived as well. Love the colours. The sky is special.

Still more cards on the way (I hope)

Hop on over to the new thread if you don't want to miss the great cards from around the world!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    20/30

crispin - Church in Iceland. Second colour postcard. I can't say much more than great colour in the sky and red roof on the curch. The card faired very well through the postal system.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards have made it into the mail at last! Sincerest apologies for the delay this round - been a rather crazy past 3 months.
    I've received many wonderful cards and will update asap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    My cards have made it into the mail at last! Sincerest apologies for the delay this round - been a rather crazy past 3 months.
    I've received many wonderful cards and will update asap.

Great news, thanks. Anymore updates out there? Just a week left if you want to sign up for round 27.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin