Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,911   Online: 1107

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi rai,

Thank you for the recipe. I'll have to try it one day. Oh, and your English is fine. Much better than my Spanish for sure!

Muchas gracias!

Eugene.

Quote Originally Posted by rai View Post
    Hi from Spain!!!!
    I like the postcards!!! all well and all motivate me and make me imagine someone's feelings when pressed a button when they consider fair.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel good!

The recipes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have received:

rai - "People and structures" - a fascinating and wonderfully creative panoramic pinhole image, in colour, developed in custom developer - what a treat!

I have now received cards from 20 people - with just 4 to come.

Thanks all for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An update on the cards I've received whilst on location:

• Labcoat - Lake with lady feeding gulls
    • Rince - Organ
    • Hoffy - Meerkat
    • Crispin - Iceland Church
    • Blackdog - Condensation
    • Bluejeh - Hornby Island
    • Bluejeh2 - Uni Pool
    • Box Brownie - Abandoned Car
    • Jim O - NYC
    • George Nova Scotia - Truro Reservoir
    • Molli - Mask
    • Mike wilde - Triple Pack
    • Rst - Walk in the Park
    • Wayne Frederick - Spring Point Lighthouse

Another great round - only 5 outstanding: Trond, Gordrob, Kc2edh, Rob Skeoch and Mark Rewald. Looking forward to Round 27!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Round 26 came to an end and I have to say THANK YOU all for having me and being part of this truly amazing experience.
    I have received a boat load of cards since y last update. In no particular order:
    • Conneticut 154 by Ryan : Amazing texture and I really like the flows of the lines.
    • Church in north of Iceland by Crispin: Wonderful light and color in this image. I love the serenity this radiates to me.
    • Between silence and light by Jake W. :Very interesting and intriguing image. Amazing detail in the droplets. I love how my mind starts spinning stories around this one ...
    • Frozen Trio by Eugene A.: IR film never fails to amaze me. Works really well with this image
    • Simon Fraser Univ. Pool by bluejah2: Amazing piece of architectural photography. I so love the perfect water reflection and how this image is composed. One of my favorites of this round.
    • Rocks are pebbles by bluejay: Oh my, this is truly amazing! I don't know how many times I watched in wonder and turned that card clockwise ...
    • Self portrait at the Capitol by Johannes: I love how this image really draws me in and makes me be there instead of just looking at an image.
    • People and structures by Raimundo C.:What an incredible piece of art. I love everything about this image. The format, the colors and the subject matter. I would love to learn more about the technique you used for this image.
    • Charles Bridge , Prague: This is a great view and I can almost feel the cold air on this winter morning. Looks very peaceful.
    • Lake Ontario, Church of Silver Ball and Toronto Skyline by Mike W. : All three images are great, but I have to say I like the Lake Ontario image the most. It is maybe not the most happy of images, but I love how the paper you chose seems to compliment the scene so well.

Again thank you everyone for making this round so very special. Not only is it great to receive some mail that is not a bill, but to feel so unbelievably inspired to take better pictures and learn how to make better prints.

So glad the wait is over and round 27 started

Dennis
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format

3 more...!!!

Charles Bridge from ozphoto - nice to look and "wander" into, great pix.

Spring Point lighthouse from wayne frederick - a little history and nicely printed

People and structures from raimundo civera - wonderful & developed in hair dye, makes me want to step out there, try a little of the 'wild side"

going the the post box has been a real joy - thanks to you and all the participants in the postcard exchange... it's the gift that keeps on giving!

james ogara

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A couple more cards arrived recently:
    card # 16 - Charles Bridge, Prague from OZPHOTO
    Panoramic Cityscape in colour. Very picturesque.
    card # 17 - Connecticut 154 from Ryan KC2EDH
    A surreal looking detail of peeling paint on a railway carriage, almost looks as if it is growing.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cachting up on cards received; three more arrived over the past few weeks:

Kc2edh, Connecticut 154. Alas, not an old barrel of whisk(e)y (which was my first association upon seeing this card). Lovely detail, great capture.
    Wayne Frederick, Spring Point lighthouse. Nice shot, and thank you for the history lesson.
    rai, people and structures. Wow. Wow, this is amazing. Absolutely stunning photo and processing. This one will be "on display" in the living room long after this round ends. Lovely.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sorry I'm so late with this round.
    I printed a bunch tonight but don't have the whole group ready yet.
    -rob skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear from you Rob, sadly you missed round 27 but I hope you'll join us again in the new year!

Since my last update I've received three cards from this round.

Wayne Frederich's Spring Point Lighthouse.
    OZPHOTO's Charles Bridge panorama.
    Rai's People and Structures.

All great images but I must say Rai's is outstanding. Images like this are what makes the postcard exchange so special for me. I'd never have a chance to see and handle such a variety of styles and methods locally.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got a late card from this round, Rob Skeoch's rodeo cowbows. Very fine shot, printet on baryta paper. Thank you.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin