Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,755   Online: 1097

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob Skeoch's Rodeo Cowboys also made it to Nova Scotia last week. Always great to get cards no matter when.

Just a reminder to the half dozen still outstanding from Round 26, it is never too late to send your card. This exchange depends on everyone to keep their promise.

Round 28 Sign up starts in three weeks -- so get your cards out and start the new year with a clean slate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yep Rob's card turned up here, great scene! Had someone ask "where is that", and I said Canada I think, they asked "do they have cowboys in Canada?" I replied, I guess so... then I thought, maybe Rob was on holidays, or some cowboys travelled to Canada's bear and moose wrangling rodeo's...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They do, indeed have cowboys here in Canada, although I expect Rob had to travel a bit from his home base in Ontario.

I too have received:

Rob Skeoch - “Cowboys" (or is it “Yes it’s late” ) - another fine print from Rob - worth the wait!

I have now received cards from 21 people - with just 3 to come.

Thanks all for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob's card arrived in Bangkok today - a great shot that the Thais here, have asked "real cowboys??!!"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the cowboys.
    I spent the summer shooting grass roots rodeo in Ontario.
    Just so you know I only printed about five copies of each image, so although you received a cowboy shot, not everyone is getting the same image.

-Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always nice to receive postcards from previous rounds! Only have 4 outstanding from Round 26:

• Gordrob
    • Kc2edh
    • markrewald
    • Trond

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob Skeoch's "Cowboys" card also made it to the Netherlands. A very nice print, an interesting scene, well printed, nice paper. All in all, worth the wait. Thanks.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    25/30

I have been silent for several weeks and not been commenting while the pile of postcards kept on building. It is good to still get a couple of cards trickling in from old rounds.

KC2EDH - Connecticut 154. If it were not for the explaination of the image I would have thought this was a picture of wood left charred after a fire. It s a great image of the old flaky paint and the remains of the hand writen text and white number on the side of the wagon.

Rai - People and Structures. Wow. What a postcard. A true inspiration of what can be made for a postcard.

ozphoto - Charles Bridge. Nice panoramic of the bridge in springtime. I wish I had the chance to be in Prague in the spring and summer. As it was I only ever seemed to get there in the winter. Still a wonderful city.

Wayne Frederick – Caisson light house. The people that you have captured in this image make myself and everyone that looks at his card at my place just keep coming back.

Rob Skeoch - Cowboys. I agree with you Rob in that I too think you have captured the moment and some of the atmosphere present.

Thanks to all and happy new year.
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 12-30-2012 at 05:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed a card
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello everyone,

I have finally posted my cards for round #26. I want to appologise for being so late, and also for my extremely poor feedback performance. Thanks for all the wonderful cards I have received!

Trond

PS. It says round #25 on the cards I sent, but I'm not that late (but late enough)

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    PS. It says round #25 on the cards I sent, but I'm not that late (but late enough)
    In that case, I should comment here and not in the round #25 thread.

I've received your card, nice mood, nice print, interesting, thanks!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin