Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,443   Online: 1193

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry guys, looking at this now, bit of a backlog. Stay tuned..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean, looks like you've worked your magic!

George

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First time in the postcard exchange and it looks as though I'm the first to receive a postcard from Round #26.

Many thanks to Andy (Oxleyroad) for sending me a print from his first play with IR Film. Not only am I thrilled to have a 'real print', I've never seen any IR work in real life. Thank you so much, Andy! (I'm also incredibly jealous of your garden as my own little patch is now a mess of bird netting, stakes and overgrown weeds... yours looks perfect!) What a wonderful introduction to the postcard exchange.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received my first card from this round: J Rollingers fine street shot form the Michigan Avenue.

My cards went out on Monday. I hope you enjoy tehm.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    I received my first card from this round: J Rollingers fine street shot form the Michigan Avenue.

My cards went out on Monday. I hope you enjoy tehm.
    I too received J Rollinger's "Michigan Avenue" - an interesting example of "street" photography.

And remarkably, I also received piu58's card too! All the way from Germany to the west coast of Canada in 4 days.

"Simmer House" has some interesting shapes and textures and it is well printed as well.

2 down, 22 to go!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    piu58's Simmer House has also made it to the east coast of Canada. First to arrive in my mailbox this round. Very interesting card, I love the weathered wood, the various joints old and new. I really should get my camera out before I take the paint brush to the house this summer!

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the first card of the exchange has made it to Japan, and it's Uwe's "Simmer House." Love the textures of the wood, reminds me of the smokehouse (c. 1812) at the museum where I used to work.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 June 2012

I have received three cards to-date. The card from J Rollinger brought back memories of my trip to Chicago last year for a cousin's wedding. We stayed not too far from where this photo was made. The card from piu58 is a wonderful mix of tone and texture. Mooseontheloose photographed a Japanese icon from a very different perspective. I like it a lot. Fantastic mix of high and low values that "play against" each other well. (The stamp Rachelle used is cool also.)

Thanks to all for the great prints.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards arrived (thankfullly dry as we are officially in the rainy season now) today:

Oxleyroad's "The Back Garden" -- a nice subtle look of IR. As I have one roll of HIE left, I'll have to start experimenting with the other infrared films out there. I like the minimal grain in this Rollei film.

J Rollinger's "Michigen Avenue" has a nice contemporary feel to it, and the big yellow schoolbus brings back memories.

Thanks!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1/30

mooseontheloose - Miyajima Torii at night. I have never seen this icon shot from this angle. I can appreciate the effort you went to to get this shot having been there myself (back in my d*****l days). I have also not come across the fuji paper you have used before. I like it.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin