Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,135   Online: 851

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the lovely cards recieved so far!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    6/30

Nige's - B&W sunset. Got to ask Nige, where is this place? I can't help but think I have been there but then I cannot remember any specifics. Great representation of the hills and the tones of the foreground.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nige's "the Breakaways" arrived in Japan today. Really lovely side-lighting makes the details in the formations stand out. If I ever can afford to go back to Oz, I'd really like to explore more areas like this one. Thanks!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    When I posted last time I was too lazy to Google "The Breakaways". Have just done this and see this area is just North of Coober Pedy.

This explains why I had thought I had been there. I have, and never bothered to findout what the area was called. It was one of my stops when I used to drive to Darwin many years ago in the early 90's.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you got it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    06 July 2012

First thanks you to George, Steve, Rechelle, Andy, Nanette, and Uwe for you kind comments. I am pleased that you and your families/collegues enjoy the photo.

It has been a long time since I visited here. Here are my comments on the cards I have received.
    A photo from the Austrailian Outback from Nige. I like how the shodows acentuate the texture of the rock outcrop.
    A beautifully photographed Dogwood Flower from hankins27. The flower seems to float above the black background. Well done.
    A photo of an extensive backyard garden from Oxleyroad. IR film can yeild some very creative effects. Too bad the best film is no longer available (Kodak HIE).

This round has been filled with some very nice images. Keep them coming.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format

...my first round...

i'm really enjoying this round, 2 more cards today...
    the breakaways, from Nige
    Textures, Shoreline Park, from Darwin

I like the fact that i keep "coming back" to each and smiling.

I'm learning - got all my cards in the mail today... i like the friendly notes people are sending... i'll start to do that next round.

thanks folks....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Truro Reservoir from George Nova Scotia arrived yesterday.
    Wonderful shot with that IR film. Too bad they stopped selling it.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday the image of Truro reservior from George Nova Scotia reached Leipzig in Germany. Very fine shot. It ist interesting how much IR effect you got from a red filter. But I understand, an IR filter was not very applicatble at your Miranda SLR.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry it took me so long to answer, but sometimes life just happens … I am happy to let you now, that I posted all my 20 cards today and they are now on their way to the various corners of the world. Let me begin by thanking all of you for having me in your postcard exchange. I am a beginner when it comes to darkroom printing and you will clearly see this in my card, but it was a lot of fun and I promise I will get practice hard to get better during the upcoming rounds
    If anyone does not receive their card, please let me know and I will send an extra card.

So far I received 5 cards and I guess I did well to put them away until I had put the postage on my cards, otherwise I am not sure I would have sent out my cards. You guys are amazing!!! Here they are in the order received:

First card to find it’s way to me was “Michigan Avenue” from J Rollinger. I really like the scene and it really draws you in. I can almost feel the people staring at me while they are crossing the street. I like the off-center composition and that there is so much to experience in this image, as there is a lot going on. Just like in real life, where we often don’t take the time to really see everything that is really happening around us in a given moment. The tonality is great, plenty of detail in the shadows and no blown out highlights, but still it seems to have the whole spectrum from black to almost white. Great print !!!

The second one to arrive in my mailbox was Rachel’s Hiroshia Peace Memorial. I had and have an instant strong emotional connection to this image. I am really in awe with the expressive print and how the way the image was taken and printed is really underlining for what this memorial stands. The ghostly reflections and blurred out people are really putting it into context. I really love how the peace dome actually is the brightest spot in the image, surrounded by utter darkness. I could go on and on about this image, I am really touched by it. I have been standing infront of the peace dome about 4 years ago and this image brings out all the feelings I had while I was there. Thank you so very much Rachel. This is a precious image and a precious moment you are sharing with us there. To me personally the craftsmanship of the print is amazing and I would not want to see it done any different. This must be one of my favorite images I have seen in a whie.

The third card I had the honor of receiving is ‘The Back Garden’ from Andy C . I am sure a lot of work went into this print! From the shadows and the light it looks like it is noonish and the sun is dazzeling down, but still, Andy somehow still retained so much detail in the sky and the highlights. Not sure if this is because it was IR film. Actually this is one of the first images really convincing me try IR film one day.
    I can for sure feel the warm sun on my face while looking at the image in a year with a miserable summer over here
    The tonality, the sharpness and the detail make this image something to hang on my enlarger for inspiration. Thank you for sharing and I sure would have liked to look over your shoulder while printing it.

Number four is ‘Textures, shoreline Park’ . This is another gripping image to me. I so love the story telling character of the image and how my mind starts spinning stories around this corroder thing (to me it looks like part of a ship) …
    I love how you combined so many different textures. The sand, the stones, the corroded metal, the water and while not clearly visible, the breeze coming from the water. I can almost taste the salty air and feel the sand and the stones underneath my feet and between my toes. Thank you very much for this lovely image. I really think you did an awesome job in interpreting those textures through your print. I hope one day I will be able to actually print tones so well, because to me you just hit the sweet-spot when it comes to the tones you printed, not to dark, not to light and in the right contrast. Awesome!

Last but not least yesterday I received ‘Truro Reservoir’ from George. Well I have to say I was rooted outside at my mailbox for a couple of minutes staring at this amazing image. Even now that that I am looking at it again, it is hard to concentrate on continuing to write. The scene is so nice , relaxed and serene, but the IR film gives it a quite different atmosphere. It is just a little off and makes it a little eerie. I would love to see a bigger print of this. Definitely a masterly crafted print showing a lot of heart and soul through the print. There is detail where there needs to be detail, a wide range of tones I did not even know are possible with IR film. I love the image, the composition and the interpretation. This image wants me to know more about the person who took this. Thank you so much for sharing.
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin