Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,031   Online: 741

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rince and all, first thanks for your comments, all very much appreciated. Yes it is sad that Kodak no longer makes that film, I might just try some of the newer IR films if I can round up a filter or two.

It always nice to hear that cards have arrived, and for that matter great to hear they have been sent as well.

How's everyone doing? Negative selected? printing underway? Or just waiting for a trip to the post office?

Signup for the next round starts in September! If you're new and want to join in just check the Info and FAQ threads or send me a PM with any questions. Where else can you receive such a variety from all over the world?

George

George

APUG Postcard Exchange --ROUND 31 COMMENTS--
    The Postcards Exchange Forum + FAQs + Introduction

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post
    How's everyone doing?
    I'm fine, thanks!

But as to the Postcard Exchange... After I printed my cards for round 25, I kind-of promised to myself to be early in the next round, for a change. Well, it is safe to say by now that I broke my promise. No negative selected yet; it might even be that the picture still has to be taken.

Received some very nice prints already, I will sit down and comment on those... some day.

Rest assured, I will print, send and comment, I just haven't done it yet.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just received the "Breakaways" from Nige. Looks like a very interesting area of the world.

I haven't started printing yet, but have shot and processed the film.

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally, my cards are in the post. I made a commitment to myself to print one of the images with color, doing my own ra-4 printing. I wanted to calibrate a big roll of Fuji Crystal Archive that I bought, that has been sitting in the freezer for more than 8 months untouched.

So I got caught up on a whole whack of backloged film (about 16 rolls, and 20 sheets of 4x5) needing processing, contact printed all the c-41 filer pages onto a well understood old Kodak Supra RA-4 paper and not too old chemistry.

I then paused to get set up for the 5" Fuji stuff, cutting 7" sections from the spool. I also decided to made up a new blix; the old tank solution was on the verge of sulfating and silvering out. Discovered the 'part A' had actually sulfered out when it came time to mik more. So I proceeded to mix my own Part A from Amm thio , sulfite, and hydroxide from a formula I had squirrelled away on this issue a few years ago, knowing that this day would come.

Made up a new batch of developer replenisher, filtered the cruddies from the working developer, and add the replenisher, which was behind schedule due to a big batch of contact prints.

Then fire the roller processor up this am, and find all sorts of gremlins in the control board operation. Shake most of them out, and feed a blank page through, and yuck - get green with random green globs. Try Kodak paper -green too, not as bad. Feed it a clean out sheet, and lots of specks come out adhered to it, so that was definitely needed - I guess the blix and developer crudies were quite stuck in some rollers.

Pull all rollers to check chem temps. Yikes - tank 1 - a water pre bath for the way I run it - was over 50C, when I had poured in at about 30C to start an hour before. So pour in cold water, and feed a blank sheet, get clean white out - yes back in business of a sort.

So I wound out the prints in a rushed batch before tank 1 takes off to a boil again. The prints are now done and mailed, so now I can tear the machine apart and fingure out why the control circuits are driving the heater on tank 1 all the time.

Prints done near the end had blue/purple creeping into the borders as tank 1 heated. Now you know the long sorry story why I put them out the way that they are.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today I received 'NYC, Empire State from Brooklyn Bride' by Jim. It is for sure a view I have not seen before. I like the clouds and the sky in this print.
    It really is awesome to open up the mailbox and not only find bills and invoices in there Looking forward to the rest of the cards.
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DRPSilver – Textures – I enjoy the sharp/ unsharp texture of the foam in the waves that form the background to the image.
    It is likely a lucky combination of speed of the waves and the shutter speed used.
    The foreground placement of the rusting and crumbling elements shows a very nice viewpoint to reveal, and you knowingly pointed out the textures of this scene.

George NS – IR Truro Reservoir - A very nice image of tranquil waters with the textbook IR look of the foliage. I like the black lurking shadows of the foreshore on the far side.

Nige – Breakaways - a nice shot of the Outback. The cloudless sky, brings back memories of my time spent travelling the outback on holidays while working in Brizzie.
    Excellent timing/ use of light and shadows to show the contours of the hills so well.

Moose on the Loose – Hiroshima lantern parade - Wow – that must be a spectacle to witness in person. The image sure packs a lot of emotional punch.
    Superb framing, and good control of contrast in what is undoubtedly a challenging lighting situation.

Piu58 – Simmer Haus – Great rendering of the textures of wood, and a great example of good use of negative space in the center of a successful image.
    A nice companion bit of background text to explain the uniqueness of the image contents.

Steve Hawkins – Dogwood Flower – A very nice still life composition. Great full blacks set off the delicate texture in the petals.
    Super depth of field for what is a challenging macro type shot.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received Jims card of the Empire State. My wife an me enjoyed the card. We like the fine chosen position, the builind between a gap of nearer houseses. Thank you, Jim.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards arrived early this morning:

BoxBrownie's "The Inglewood Terror". I love these old abandoned cars one finds in the countryside, and this one is unlike many of the others I've seen.

Rince's German Cathedral organ. A really gorgeous instrument and I think it's a great print -- lots of nice detail and contrast!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And two more! (I'm not used to two deliveries a day!)

George Richards' "Truro Reservoir", taken on one of my favorite films. I love the way HIE renders water and reflections and this is a great example of it!

Also Jim O's Empire State Building: I like the way you've chosen to frame it here, it makes for an interesting viewpoint of an iconic building. Interestingly, I think it also works as a very graphic image upside-down! (which is how I first viewed it).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This week I received....

Empire State from Brooklyn Bridge... very nice, Thank you.
    Abandoned Car... wow those Pentax ME Super's just keep on clicking.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin