Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 673

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hey,

I printed my postcards long time ago and then when I finally wanted to send them off I did not like them anymore. So they went into the trash - no pinhole from my this time.

Yesterday I printed again and I will have some time over the weekend to write them. They will go to the postoffice on Monday.

So far I received cards from

Oxleyroad - I always like to get cards from infrared film because I have not done this myself but do find it very interesting to see how things render in the infrared spectrum of light.

J Rollinger - A nice street photograph of Michigan Avenue and I think one can walk around in the image. Like it.

George Nova Scotia - What a calm image and ... infrared. Thanks!

drpsilver - An image I might have taken myself if I were there. I like the lowered contrast in the unsharp background compared to the high contrast of the foreground. Like it, but what is it?

mooseontheloose - What a moving image!

Mike Wilde - Another threepack. And another paper surprise. I do not know where you get your hands on all those old papers ... l like all three images.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received Mike Wilde's three cards pack today. It is interesting to feel the surface of these old papers and to see how a fne image one can still get from them.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread to date. Here's an update of cards received so far:

piu58, simmer house. Lovely detail of the structure. I like the shadows, the structure of the wood, and the print as a whole. And the short history lesson, of course.
    J Rollinger, lovely cityscape shot of Michigan Avenue. Lots of things going on, lots of things to see.
    mooseontheloose, absolutely a beautiful shot and print of a great structure. Stunning.
    Oxleyroad, the back garden. I'd say your first foray into using IR film is a success!
    drpsilver, corrosion happens, lovely contrasty print, nice structures.
    George Nova Scotia, Truro Reservoir. Tranquility is what comes to mind. A calming scene with a nice IR effect.
    JimO, Empire State from Brooklyn Bridge. Only the former landmark stands out. But then again, it *really* stands out, that's the special thing about this shot.
    BoxBrownie, abandoned car, clearly abandoned more than a few days ago. At least the steering wheel is on the right (as in: correct and as in: opposed to the left) side.

Great postcards so far.
    I'm still in the process of selecting a negative (maybe it even turns out that the shot still has to be taken), so I would strongly, strongly advise not to hold your breath while waiting for my cards, I'm sorry to say.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hah! Now that Jacco reports about a postcard from NYC sent by JimO I did remember to have a postcard showing Statue of Liberty for round 25 and a double check showed that JimO was not on my list for round 25, so although Jim claims on his card that it is for round 25 it is the postcard for round 26.

So here we go, I received another card some time back

JimO - One of the rare color ones and a nice panoramic image, I like composition, format and color. Thanks!

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    20 July 2012

Two cards arrived this week. The card from rince is well done. Only when you get up close do you see that it is not "tack sharp". You did a fine job printing this. The other card is form BoxBrownie, subjects like this are filled with possible images. Except for the age of the car it could have been found at many of the ghost towns in California. The perspective you took makes the car "pop of the paper".

Quote Originally Posted by rince
    Number four is ‘Textures, shoreline Park’ . This is another gripping image to me. I so love the story telling character of the image and how my mind starts spinning stories around this corroder thing (to me it looks like part of a ship) …
    I love how you combined so many different textures. The sand, the stones, the corroded metal, the water and while not clearly visible, the breeze coming from the water. I can almost taste the salty air and feel the sand and the stones underneath my feet and between my toes. Thank you very much for this lovely image. I really think you did an awesome job in interpreting those textures through your print. I hope one day I will be able to actually print tones so well, because to me you just hit the sweet-spot when it comes to the tones you printed, not to dark, not to light and in the right contrast. Awesome!
    Dennis, thank you for such a kind and gracious analysis of my print. I am very happy that you enjoy the image so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rst
    drpsilver - I like the lowered contrast in the unsharp background compared to the high contrast of the foreground. Like it, but what is it?
    Ruediger, it is what is left of a overflow pipe for a small levee on the San Francisco Bay. Unfortunately almost 90% of the natural wetlands were drained for development in the early/mid 1900's.

I am off on vacation to Switzerland (visiting my wife's relatives), Italy (91st birthday reunion for another set of relatives from UK), and Minneapolis (to visit a very sick friend). Will be back in a month, just in time for sign-up for Round #27!

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format

Round 26 from the two bluejehs

We are printing this weekend, should have our postcards in the mail before we leave on vacation mid-week (hopefully). Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the starting the week off with postcards in the mailbox:

Mike Wilde's hat-trick of cards arrived. It's always interesting to see what these old papers can do, and I particularly like the texture of the Indiatone. Can only imagine what it would have been like when it was fresh!

I also received TJ's classic shot of Luang Prabang, a place I've always wanted to go, but somehow never made it. It's really a shame as there really is no excuse while I'm living in Asia!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format

Round 26 from the two bluejehs

Hey folks, our postcards are in the mail! It was a 3 day marathon, but its done! Looking forward to the next round too!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all for your cards-they're much appreciated!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    10/30

It is two weeks since my last posting here and five more postcards are in. So in order they arrived...

George Nova Scotia "Truro Reservoir" - Taken with a Miranda Sensomat, I was given an early 1957 Miranda T(ii) just last Christmas and have found the camera still good at all but the slowest of shutter speeds. Another IR film image but this one from HIE a film I never got to use. This image has been the talk of the bunch so far with visitors to our home asking "Why are the leaves and grasses so white?"

JimO "NVC, Empire State from Brooklyn Bridge" - Interesting way to draw the viewer into the Empire State, certainly a view I have never seen before.

rince "Organ in German Cathederal" - You have captured all of the detail of the organ. If this is what you can produce by working in a makeshift darkroom, then I have to really lift my game using what I call my permenant darkroom. Great work Dennis.

Molli Two cards received what a surprise and completely handwritten. The gold Argenta superpress paper what a special paper and the image of the mask goes so well with it. The second card of a photographer on the rocks also a another special image that I can almost feel that I am there. Curious to know what your paper developer is.

A thank-you to everyone who has commented encouragingly on my first foray into IR. I just have to get out and use a bit more of this film and experiment.

I also got a card from round 25 from TJ. I commented in that thread.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin