Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,087   Online: 871

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

trip to the post office...

steve brown - abandoned car, with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side, (down under for you),!!! nicely done!
    George Richards - Truro Reservoir - mid summer here in florida , i could jump in! would love to float 'round the bend!
    Dennis/rince - Organ in German Cathedral -MAJESTIC!
    mike wilde - his 3 images - such wonderful images, stories, and use of technology.

I continue to enjoy them all... and learn! I must write more about the images I send!

this exchange is great, thank you folks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To answer the question for Oxleyroad "Why are the leaves and grasses so white?" -- "because they are warm and alive!" IIRC one of the original uses for IR films was to check on crop and forest health. Living plants would reflect more IR than dead or sick plants.

Now to the small stack of cards on my desk:

"Breakaways" from Nige. Desolate is a good description. Totally unlike anything I've come across in real life, very nice of you to visit there for me.
    "Organ in the German Cathedral" from rince. This card arrived the day after "breakaways" and what a contrast. From the barren rock on one side of the world to the magnificence of the pipe organ on the other side of the world. Dennis all I can say is well taken and well printed. Thank you.
    "NYC, Empire State" from JimO. A sky scape as much as a city scape. Yes my eye is drawn to the icon the Empire State building but then it drifts back to those wonderful clouds. I like clouds like that, softly drifting by.
    "The Inglewood Terror" from BoxBrownie. I'm sure that car has a story or two to tell, great "roll cage and windscreen" and as if the car didn't have enough dings the post office added their own wrinkles!
    Mike Wilde's threesome. I just love the old papers, I may have to see what I can dig out of my box of goodies. All great images, I like the refinery shot the best. Somehow with the water and treatment on the Ansco Indiatone it just doesn't seem like "smelly" old refinery.

Thanks all keep up the great work, it makes the trip to the mailbox worthwhile!

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    George, in the 70's where I grew up in regional Victoria Australia it was a nice warm dry climate with access to plenty of water, ideal for citrus and grapes. However there was usually an aerial visit by the police drug squg annually looking for tall green herbs with a distinct 5 fingered leaf. These herbs produced a vivid white foliage on the IR film whereas the broad beans, and other nitrogen rich vegetation grown between the rows of trees and vines did not produce such a contrast.

As kids you knew when the visit was about to come as we'd have dust storms due to the number of farmers ploughing in their nitrogen rich crops early...
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcards sent!

As usual, I waited until the last minute, but the remainder of my postcards are in the mail today!

Thanks to everyone from whom I've received a postcard so far (and I see at least one more in today's mail).

They've been a lot of fun to look at.

Cheers,
    Phil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I recevied the two wonderful cards from Mrs. and Mr. Higam - bluejeh(2). My wif enjoyed the cards two. We both tried to see how pebbles turned into holes and vice versa at Judth's card. Interesting! Ed's card shows a quiet scene at Simon Fraser university. Wonderful.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    What Uwe said, I also received cards from the bluejehs. Thanks!

One thing I noticed on Eds card, it is printed with a white border, and then there is kind of a second shifted border, slightly rotated, as if the card got some other exposure which was enough to produce a light gray. Did you flash the paper?

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Molli's "On the surface of things", an interesting shot on really interesting paper! When I first got it I wondered what kind of toning you must of done, until I read the back and realized it was the paper itself. Very cool!

I also received cards from bluejeh and bluejeh2: a nice calm shot from Ed and an interesting detail of the Hornby Island Rocks from Judith. Thanks!
    Last edited by mooseontheloose; 07-30-2012 at 08:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I found TJs card in my letter box. An interessting shot of monks in Laos. I very like the ilford baryta postcard paper.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My how time flies, it's August, the official "breather" month. That's when some of us sit back and enjoy all the lovely cards, and when some of us start to panic. (Also when the Post Offices of the world take a breather and finally deliver our cards.) Fear not. Official panic time doesn't start until the last week of September - the last few days to sign up for round 27.

I cleaned out the mail box yesterday and found two lovely cards from the west coast, thank you Judith & Ed - Bluejeh & Bluejeh(2). I finally read the instructions correctly and know I'm not which way is up on "Hornby Island Rocks" but I like it. Then there is the "Simon Fraser Univ Pool". Do they realize there is a big rock sticking out of the pool? Must be a real tough lane for that swimmer! Both great cards, even upside down and sideways they work.

So again for all those still deciding what to print or just now slaving away in a hot darkroom - remember official PANIC time is 55 days away, but we'd really like to hear from you, just drop us a card!

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, my cards have just been delivered to the post office. Sorry for being a bit late. I have received a lot of beautiful postcards. Thanks everyone for sending them out! I am at a crunch at work, but if I ever get a breather, I will go through them and post my impressions.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin