Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,529   Posts: 1,572,429   Online: 1151

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange Round 27 sign-in

Postcard Exchange Round 27 sign-in

Here is the schedule for this round:

September: sign-on
    October and November: print and mail
    December: breather

OK, now the standard text, but please read on:

As in the previous rounds, please signup by sending a PM to me containing your name, address (including the country - this is an international exchange) and the number of cards you are able to send or say maximum for the maximum possible number of cards.

As in the previous rounds, if you have been in the exchange for the last couple rounds and if your address is the same, you can sign on just with giving the number of cards here in the thread. No PM needed in this case.

Important! As in the previous rounds I will post lists of participants in this thread every once in a while. If you signed in (or if you think so) please come back to this thread and check if your name is on the list. If the name should be on the list but is not, then let me know. Once the address lists are sent out early in October I can not do any changes. And also check for the number of cards behind your name.

There are a couple threads with an introduction and FAQs. Just send me a PM or ask here if you have any questions.

Please read on:

As in the previous rounds, not all participants have been able to send out the cards. For whatever reasons, if you have not fulfilled your last rounds commitment, send your cards before you sign in for this round. Just be fair. (and maybe drop a note in the last rounds comments to let us know you are okay)

And as in the previous rounds, I am looking forward to this round.

Now for those new to the postcard exchange, here is how it all works out.

First: It is fun!

Second: When registration is over, I will prepare address lists which I will PM to the participants. You will have to send a card to every address on that list and you should receive back a card from everyone on that list. So if you join in for e.g. 20 cards you will have to send 20 cards and you should receive 20 cards back.

Third: Did I mention that it is fun? Where else can you receive cards from all over the world, different styles, different methods, different papers!
    Last edited by George Nova Scotia; 09-02-2012 at 01:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and we already have a couple sign-ups. Christopher Coy is back after his move and Jill a new member has signed up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in for 20 this time.

Same address as before.

And I intend to compete for the "earliest to send off cards" prize this time, instead of being in the running for the "slowest laggard" trophy.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey I've been out for several rounds but would love to be in this round. I think my last round was #23 and i was really late. I'd like to start back small with 25 postcards. It has been so long since I've been on here! I'll PM my info!
    -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please sign me up! 25 again. Address is the same as before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in again. Sign me up for the max!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Please sign me in for 30.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Postcard Exchange - Round 27

...and I'm in for the max again, same address as before. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and I am also in for the max again, same address as before. Thanks.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I will have time to print my cards today. So please sign me up. I go with 25.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin