Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,187   Online: 717

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Next card arrived: Jmaes O'Gara sent out a fine shot from the "beer can" building. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format

Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

I am getting a little concerned ... I sent my cards a week ago and it seems nobody got it so far ... I guess if I don't hear anything by Wednesday I will reprint and resend ...
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rince View Post
    I am getting a little concerned ... I sent my cards a week ago and it seems nobody got it so far ... I guess if I don't hear anything by Wednesday I will reprint and resend ...
    I wouldn't panic just yet, it is that time of year that postal offices claim they are over-worked

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An update on cards received over the last few weeks:

Jim17x "Speedy" My speedy has never looked that good. Sadly it's been hiding in it's box without a lens for that last 30 years.
    jimo "Beer Can" Interesting shot. Building design inspired by a few late night sessions?
    BoxBrownie "Floating Leaf" Lovely play of shadow and light - once you figure out which way is up.
    kraker "What's in a name?" Yes, great place to stumble upon and have a camera at the ready.
    MJS "Skin Tight" Just a pair hanging around. Nicely seen.
    Oxleyroad "Old New Windmill" Once a common sight in this part of the world as well.
    Christopher Coy "Music in the Street" Dreadlocks and all.
    and a mystery card "3 seats" from Austin TX, hmm trsvax is that you?

I think that leaves about 10 outstanding. Some we've heard from, others I'm sure are working hard.

Shooter
    35mm
    Received 'Life in the dark' from Dennisthank you. A lovely print and interesting subject.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rince, I received your card last night. Love the mushrooms! I always enjoy coming across the unexpected, and for me, mushrooms are one of those things you don't expect to see, but often can -- at least, that's what I've noticed in my somewhat new neck of the woods.

My cards are printed and about half are labelled and ready to go, just need a little more time to finish the rest. They should be in the mail today or tomorrow.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again, I am way behind in my comments. I have received fine cards from 15 participants though:

afrank - “Sweet Child of Mine” - A beguiling glimpse of a young look at the world
    anikin - “Chihuly’s ‘Bridge of Glass’” - Beautiful, swirling hand printed colour - much appreciated
    BoxBrownie - “Floating Leaf” - Depending on the angle, it looks almost cosmic
    ChristopherCoy - “Music in the Street” - An excellent print and a nice viewpoint
    drpsilver - “Happiness is ... way of life” - A pithy phrase, and a beautiful print
    George Nova Scotia - “Tree” - Very atmospheric - makes me think of hobbits
    Jenni - “Annika” - A captivating portrait with an interesting choice of framing - subtly printed
    kraker - “What’s in a name?” - I do appreciate a card that makes me smile
    mjs - “Skin Tight” - An interesting “outlook”, and I like the print
    Mike Wilde - “Birds at the Blue Water Bridge”, “After a Dip” & “Time Lapse Testing” - Three more interesting cards from Mike. The timelapse shots are intriguing, the young swimmer is “caught” in an interesting pose but the light on the birds and the water and the quality of the paper and the printing makes “Birds at the Blue Water Bridge” my favourite
    Oxleyroad - “Old New Windmill” - A nice, cooler toned image
    ozphoto - “TV Tower, Berlin, Germany” - The colour made me think of Agfachrome, and it is
    piu58 - “Leibnitz” - A great juxtaposition - dark with light, human with artificial, old and new
    rst - “Soccer over Paris” - Made me smile; and
    photographer unknown - “Three Seats” - The photograph provides an interesting and evocative mystery, but it would be nice to know who the photographer is (my guess: trsvax ???)

I appreciate all the generous comments about my “Legs”. I hope I didn’t scare too many of you .

With cards from 15 in hand, I just have 9 to go.

Thanks all for participating!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got the mysterious "three seets" yesterday. Sender is frma Austin/ Tx (says the postmark).
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi there,

I am way behind on commenting on the wonderful postcards I received so far. I will take some time during the holidays to go through my stack of postcards for this round and write some comments.

I want to say thank you for the kind comments on the card I sent. A special thanks goes to Mike who even gave me a short critique and something to think about.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "3 Seats" arrived in BKK today - a nice little card that evokes the need to find out more.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin