Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,696   Online: 938

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

boy,i can imagine....

moderating this process is more work than i'd like to handle... thank you george.

it's a great pleasure getting such wonderful cards, seeing everyone's hard work and getting challenged to do better... thanks.

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, JimO. Really not much work just enough to keep things going.

Rachelle (Mooseontheloose)'s card made it here last week. Great card for the season, although I don't know how much nostalgia I feel today with a winter storm warning in the forecast here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    11/27 in so far.

Sorry for the tardy responses to the postcards that have been arriving. Things about Oxley Road have been far more hectic this last part of the year, a lot more so than is normally the case.

Anyway to the postcards for which I have to say thankyou to each of you for.

Jim17x - Speedy. Speedly looks like he is loaded and ready to go off on the next news story.
    jimo - Beer Can Building. This building just dominates the sky line, I bet that was just what the owners wanted.
    Jenni - Lady. Such a light (thin) paper and it survived the postal services perfectly intact. Very soft image, seems to draw you in
    Christopher Coy - Musician. I like the angle you have captured the musician from
    kraker - Knobs and Knockers. I like the framing of this postacrd. There was a shop with the same name near where I live here in Melbourne, it closed down only a year ago.
    mooseontheloose - December Morning. I would never have contemplated using Delta3200 in the snow, but this is just beautiful.
    ??? - Three Chairs. Isn't it great the way someone's unwanted item finds good use with someone else. You know what I did something similar about 20 years ago while on holidays in Turkey. I bought about 25 cards, put stamps on all of them and addressed them all up, nad then immediately posted them. At that instant realising I had written nothing on them. A week later I resent postcards to the same people.
    rince - Life in the Dark. I cannot beleive the detail here in this postcard. I can almost touch the mushrooms.
    George Nova Scotia - Tree. Looks like the tree is in a deep dark area of the forest.
    mjs - Skin Tight. Damn how would the ladies get into those pants...
    drpsilver - Happiness is a way of life. I like this photo a lot.

Happy new year to everyone, and I am definitely a starter in Round 28!
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last week, in time for Christmas, I received mooseontheloose's Tinsel and Stars. Great timing. Lovely photo, the grain adds to the atmosphere (and is not too pronounced). Thanks for the card and your kind words, Rachelle. P.S.: love the Christmas tree stamp.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    19/27. I found another 8 postcards while cleaning up. Obviously I had put them somewhere safe so I would not loose them. Such a shame as I have missed out on comments from all who visit my place.

Mike Wilde - Three Prints. Mike I always look forward to your envelope of prints. It is a special part of the exchange as I never know what is inside.
    BoxBrownie - Camden Bedroom. A blue toned print taken with a pinhole camera. A nice subtle image with so much detail
    MattKing - Legs. We have little beasties just like this too, always about the house and garage, rarely seen in the garden. I like the oned colour but the image seems to be a bit flat - lacking in contrast?
    piu58 - River Scene. What a peaceful place on the river. This postcard has sold this part of the world to me and make me want to chance the family travel plans again.
    anikin - Colors and Forms. What a spectactular colour image. It will bring comment with all the others I am sure
    Ozphoto - TV Tower. I really like this photo it captures what you wrote on the back of the postcard so well. The colours are just right in my eye.
    rst - Soccer over Paris. Was this guy really playing with the football so high in the air. Another interesting picture that has to go out an join the others for comment from family and friends that call by my place.
    Peter Schrager - $3 Parking. If parking parking was really this price here in Melbourne. I can see that the sign is made of a high quality long lasting material...

A new year has begun. Thanks to George for taking on this responsibility of managing the exchange. I really do enjoy the postcard exchnages and without Ruediger in the past and now you there would be nothing like this at all. Top Job, well done.
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 12-31-2012 at 05:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your comments. Now it's time to start a new year so:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCX28.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	62031

Links are in my signature below.

Shooter
    Medium Format

rec'd

"winter morning" from rachelle moose on the loose - brrrhh....

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received "Yellowstone Park" today from lorirfrommontana..Thank you! Thats 19 of 26 cards received..

Shooter
    Medium Format

last?

rec'd "mammoth hotsprings" lorirfrommontana, made me realize it's about time for a trip to Yellowstone!

nicely done...

jvo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too received Lori's interesting "Mammoth Hotsprings" card. Thanks Lori, it was worth the wait!

Cards from 16 received, with 8 to come.

Thanks everyone.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin