Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,935   Online: 990

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received my first card of this rount. It is Rüdigers (rst) beautiful shot of a soccer artist at Montmartre, Paris. Very fine compose, good use of matte paper, real sharp. Dankeschön!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received 2 wonderful cards already so early into the round:

• Soccer over Paris by Rüdiger: Amazing image. I love the composition and the amazig detail in this image. Even the highrises in the background are still crisp and sharp. It gives an interesting contrast to see this 'playful performance' infron of this concrete and cement jungle, which looks dull, static and sad. Very well done.
    • University building in Leipzig by Uwe P.: I particularly like the point of view that was chosen here. To me it seems like the statue is looking at the buildingand putting old and new into perspective, but also a little like the statue is watching carefully at the building not sure if it likes what it sees. The print is of course marvellous. Very well done and great play between the foreground statue and the building in the background.
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rince View Post
    ... Soccer over Paris by Rüdiger: Amazing image. I love the composition and the amazig detail in this image. Even the highrises in the background are still crisp and sharp. It gives an interesting contrast to see this 'playful performance' infron of this concrete and cement jungle, which looks dull, static and sad. Very well done.
    Thanks for the kind comment. The intention with the background being pretty sharp too was to show where the action took place: in Paris - on the print Centre Pompidou is easily detectable, also the Pantheon and (a bit more difficult) Notre Dame. So the subject got some context. But honestly, I was a bit torn which action I found more interesting, the artist or the crowd watching/photographing him - me included

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Rüdiger and Rince,

thank you for your comments.

> like the statue is looking at the building and putting old and new into perspective, but also a little like the statue is watching carefully at the building not sure if it likes what it sees.

That is exactely what I tried to say with that image. It is phantastic how you catched it in a few words.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi Uwe,

there something else I noticed with your card and maybe this is caused by the subjet - well there is nothing else which could be the cause - your card is 5x7 but it somehow looks bigger than that. When I grabbed it out of my mailbox the very first impression was (without looking closely to the image) - wow that is the biggest postcard I ever received. Even if I place it next to other 5x7 cards it looks bigger.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    25 postcards are on their way to new homes! Looking forward to my mailbox being fed something more exciting than bills. . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    09 Oct 2012

WOW! I have not even chosen a negative to print yet. It is great to see cards coming my way soon. I look forward to seeing them.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 10-09-2012 at 12:39 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling error

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards are in the hands of Canada Post (the Canadian addresses) and the US Postal Services (US and International addresses).

Hope you like "Legs"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gees y'all are on top of things this go round. I got two today already! I haven't even had a chance to download my address list yet, let alone print something!!

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was fast. The first two cards arrived a few days ago. Sehr pünktlich, Uwe und Rüdiger.

Piu58 was the very first this round. The building indeed looks like a slightly opened book. Love the contrast of the building and the statue. Contrast in shape, in size, and.. well, in contrast. I agree with Rüdiger that the print looks larger than 5x7. Very nice. I also like the Trockenstempel. Actually, now... I want one too.
    rst, you are not saving the Adox Fineprint Classic for the future, I see, you just use it (and why not, indeed). Seems like quite a show, and quite a crowd too. A completely different view of Paris.

Danke. This round is off to a good start!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin