Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,474   Online: 1115

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

Posted all mine this sunny Queensland morning.
    All the best
    Steve (BoxBrownie)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far, here's my catch of postcards from this round:

Rudiger's Soccer over Paris. This is something totally surrealistic. How did he get the ball there and what was he doing? This is something amazing. I also love the separation of tones of the guy from the background. Just superb!

Uwe's, University of Leipzig. I agree with Rudiger, the card looks much bigger than it's real size. I'm not sure how you got that effect. I like the unusual composition of the statue with the modern building.

Peter's All day $3. Great retro look! You've got an eye to see an unusual angle to ordinary scene. Looks great.

Matt's Legs. A super-amazing macro. I've taken my share of spider shots, but getting such detail on three of them in one macro is very-very-very difficult. Love the composition!

Ozphoto's TV Tower. Great color and patterns. I like it very much.

That's all so far. Very impressive beginning of the round!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, like Box Brownie said yesterday, Mine are in the post this morning.

Except he said sunny morning, which in Queensland starts about 4am.

I was up early thinking about a new project that I fly out of town to start on today.
    Don't you love it. Want to be sharp so you get to bed at a decent hour, and then at 4:30am your brain wakes you with thoughts bouncing all over the place!!!
    So I got up, got the prints off the drying rack, labelled, stamped, and walked them to the post box. At 5am. all was still dark and foggy.

At least no kucabura calls waking me up like those damn birds did at first light when I was living in Brissie.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another card arrived this week - Peter's All Day $3 (been a long time since that held true in AU!!)

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got back from California yesterday from a month long trip. I rushed over to the post office to pick up all of my held mail. Once I got in the truck I pulled out all of the postcard and admired them.

$3 All Day: I love the lines in this photo.

Legs: As soon as I saw it I thought two things: This has the be toned, and Man, I never see these things anymore. What happend to them. Such a cool photo.

Bridge of Glass: An abstract shot full of color and light with no up or down.

Canoe on the water: Large depth of field. Looks like a postcard for new England.

Soccer Over Paris: An entertainer entertains a large crowd of people with some high flying antics. Although there is one person in the photo that seems they couldn't care less about the show. Interesting contrast to the crowd. Goes to show you can't please them all.

I still have to pick a negative. I goofed and double exposed the photo I shot for the round, but I still have tons of negatives I will be developing here soon. I should be able to get one out of those.

Looking forward to see what comes next.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got two today: afrank's charming "Sweet Child of Mine" and Ozphoto's "TV Tower, Berlin, Germany". Two distinct subjects, styles and approaches, both of which are wonderful.

Even more wonderful, here's a phone snap of the address label of one of them:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_25.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	58912

Impressive that it got here, eh? OK, I know...

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @mjs WOW really? I guess I will write them by hand next time or use some super glue! Hope others also get theirs without the issue!
    "The Medium is the Message"

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by afrank View Post
    @mjs WOW really? I guess I will write them by hand next time or use some super glue! Hope others also get theirs without the issue!
    There obviously isn't enough address left for it to have gotten here so it must have come off in the mailbox or on the way into the house. I actually looked for it but couldn't find the rest of the label.

I would like to hand-write all of mine as that seems more "post card-y" to me but 30 of them! I haven't decided yet... I surely won't hand write them all at once.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry guys, I'm slow getting going. I hope to photograph a haunted plantation in Louisiana this weekend and I'll get my cards done on the next week or two!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I too am a bit slow. Shot my photos last weekend, processed the film, now just got to make the prints. Going for prints off B&W reversal film...
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin