Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,798   Online: 694

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    There obviously isn't enough address left for it to have gotten here so it must have come off in the mailbox or on the way into the house. I actually looked for it but couldn't find the rest of the label.

I would like to hand-write all of mine as that seems more "post card-y" to me but 30 of them! I haven't decided yet... I surely won't hand write them all at once.

Mike
    Mike:

More likely, the post office just knows that you are the guy in Elkhart Indiana who really likes postcards.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the meantime I got three more cards:
    - Bridge of glass from anikin. One of the best card I received ever. I made color prints in my own lab in my younger years and know how complicated it is to get a real satisfactory result.
    - TV tower east Berlin from Ozphoto. Real nice reflection, thank you.
    - Sweet child of mine" form afrank. I like the playing with sharpness and unsharpness.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another card in the mail today: Anikin's Colours & Forms - superb colour print, that I could only dream of reproducing (because my colour printing skills are woeful!! )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    29 Oct 2012

My cards will get mailed tomorrow. Hope you like the image I selected for my cards.

I have received the following so far...

The actor depicted in the card from rst has got to be either "nuts" or a very skilled soccer player. Either way it is a great image.
    I like the juxtaposition of old and new in the photo from piu58. The perspective that you used is quite effective in making Leibnitz look as large as the building.
    The card form MattKing is really "cool". It took me a minute to see what I was looking at. Very well done
    The color prints from ozphoto and anikin were welcome surprises. The disjointed reflection is a good illusion to the contrasts hat you saw in Berlin. The "Chiluly Bridge" reminds me of the "Chiluly Ceiling" from the exhibit at the de Young several years ago.
    I really like the sense of curiosity conveyed by the photo form afrank.
    The card from Pete Schrager "Parking $3 all day" is a really great deal in any large city. Grab it!
    Three photos from Mike Wilde. All nice, but the time lapse photo is my favorite of the three.

All for now. I look forward to more in the coming weeks.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received three images form Mike Wilde.It ist always intersesting to see old papers. Like drpsilver, I especially like the time lapse photo and the story behind it.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format

real slacker???

i feel like a real slacker... i've picked my image and have gotten no further!!!!

i have rec'd...

the "river elbe" from piu 58 - enjoying the view sitting on the shore, but want to get in the kayak and go 'round the bend!

"downtown parking lot" from peter schrager - a throwback!

"bridge of glass" from eugene anikin - a collage of color - and very nice wandering in.

"sweet child of mine" from afrank" - well captured, nice portrait, tells you something and raises a question!

from rudiger, a different view of "montmartre" - defintiely in keeping with the character of the place!

and from mike wilde always pushing himself technically and creatively "birds at blue water bridge", "after a dip..." , and "time lapse test - lomography". rumor has it, mike has never shot a normal picture - either unknown paper, developer, non-standard camera, strange process - always interesting and done well. (i think i just started the rumor...)

thanks all!!!! i appreciate all the creativity and hard work!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have mailed a card to me, and it isn't listed below, please PM me. Things have been hectic around here, and I have cards scattered around

So far I have received the following...

-Soccer Over Paris
    -Legs
    -River Elbe
    -3 All Day
    -Sweet Child of Mine
    -TV Tower, Berlin
    -Colors & Forms

I'm hoping to print and mail mine next Monday/Tuesday.

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

So it seems that the the USA is slacking on sending out cards. Myself included... today I got in:

"Sweet Child of Mine"
    what a wonderful shot. Simple and playful.

That postcard was followed up by a envelope filled would a trio of prints. Each one very different then the one before.

Last but not least I got most of postcard from Ozphoto. The card got eaten by a machine somewhere along the way. Still it's a wonderful photo of a tower. Now it just has some extra character.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

Received so far:
    1 - TV Tower Berlin by Ozphoto.
    Color photo with a sepia pallette. A disjointed reflection of the tower in a wall of windows. Effective, moody city scene.

2 - Old Leipzig University and Lebnitz statue by pin58.
    The statue is looking back after being rudely relocated. Nice contrast of light tall building vs lower dark statue. Also nice slightly warmtone gloss print.

3 - Legs by MattKing.
    Three very leggy spiders on (cabbage?) leaf. A very nice picture, sort of gothic/surrealist to me if there is such a thing. Decorative, Low key print that I might just put in a frame.

4 - Soccer over Paris by Rudiger.
    Really great street and cityscape photo combined. So much to look at in this photo. Lovely tones too. I always wondered what Adox Fineprint Classic looked like and here it is.

5 - Colors and Forms from anikin.
    Very colourful print taken on 120 iso400 film. Looks great. What a fantastic print. I can't see any grain at all. Makes me want to dash out and try something similar (I'm mostly 35mm b&w). Such a lovely pallette (there I used that word again).

What a great start to this round!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received Steve Browne's "Floating leaf". very intersting shot, playing with light and darkness. Thank you.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin