Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,050   Online: 948

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BoxBrownie's wonderful card arrived today - "Camden Bedroom". Love the paper and toning. Might see if I can get hold of some Fomabrom myself on my next visit home to ADL.

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that odds are my postcards will be a little late. I have been sent to New Your City to assist with the relief effort. I have also been told to not expect to be back any time soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    05 Nov 2012

Received a card from BoxBrownie entitled "Floating Leaf". I really like the texture of the water and the contrast of the reflected sun. Very well done. Unfortunately the post office "did a number" on this card by creasing the corner and tearing on of the margins. Thanks for the nice image.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

Mine are coming! I've been working all afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352331047.531354.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	59449

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the great cards! My cards will be in the mail tomorrow..

Received cards from..
    rst
    piu58
    Peter Schrager
    Mike Wilde
    drpsilver
    anikin
    afrank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Round #27 Comments on prints that have piled up to date at my end:

Anakin – Bridge of Glass- random colors and shapes of glass from this artist created ceiling display. Wonderful in all manners.

Ozphoto Print from Agfachrome . A very neat disjointed view of a TV transmitting tower as reflected in a window comprised of many panes with varied reflection angles.

Matt King – Spiders showing off their legs – A nicely duo toned low key image with good texture rendering, and a nice placement of the spiders within the frame.

Piu58 – The Book- I quite like the way the embossed signature breaks up the looming black base in the statue plinth in the foreground. The otherwise featureless blackness of this plinth does pull my eye away from the rest of the image a bit too much, however. I do like the way you have arranged the balance of the elements within the image.

Peter Schrager – 3 all Day- A cool near abstraction at first glance, with the way all of the elements are placed within the frame. The second look shows all sorts of neat detail, and the astounding deal of $3 parking in LA, which if you have been there, really is quite a deal.

Rudiger rst– Paris street scene - A print with a deliberate low contrast mated well to the matt print surface. A tasteful classic arrangement within the frame; the lamp standard with the soccer ball manipulating performer in one direction, and the placement of the sky, background city view, and foreground in the other direction paying homage to the guideline of thirds.

The print is slightly lacking in contrast for my tastes. I would have sacrificed the detail in the white ball cap in the foreground and expanded the mid tone tonal range, or just developed the negative more at the time of film development if I knew all the images on the roll were shot in a low contrast light.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Darwin's "Happiness" card today - words to live by.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice darkroom setup! Trying to peek the print!
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike Wilde's set of 3 cards arrived today, after their own little adventure: Canada-Taipei-Thailand; guess someone thought Thailand and Tapei were the very same country?

Some lovely images on some really nice weight paper - the bridge is a favourite!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Postcard Exchange #27 Comments and Feedback

I just received Mike's 3 prints too. It's always interesting to see all the different papers he uses. The bridge is also my favourite. Quite atmospheric with all the swooping birds.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin