Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,117   Online: 861

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad you like it, I chuckled a little for the post mans sake. Wich did I send you? I cant remember I sent out 8 different pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Jenni's card arrived in BKK today. An interesting portrait that has some lovely tones - (I'm sure the postman got a kick out of it too).
    Last edited by Jenni; 11-24-2012 at 11:22 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Asked a question.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far, I had only commented on cards from piu58, rst and MattKing. But there's more! I've also received:

Mike Wilde's threesome, always a treat! My favourite is Birds at the Blue Water Bridge, a lovely action shot. When I get that close to birds, they all fly away before I can even get the camera ready. How did you do it? Anyway, three great shots, and always a pleasure to see what is still possible with old mystery paper.
    anikin's Colors and Forms, now that is something. Sharpness, detail, and obviously lots of colours. Great to look at in these dark grey days near the end of the year. Happy.
    ozphoto, Berlin. We also visited Berlin earlier this year, and I share your sentiments. A lovely photo, the Fernsehturm reflected in an office(?) building. Great colours.
    Jim17x, Speedy. Well, that gives me an idea for the next 15 to 20 postcard exchanges Except that your Speedy makes for a very nice subject, whereas my camera collection is dull at best. Nice low-key shot and print.
    ChristopherCoy, music in the street. Good example of street photography; not too easy with the dark background. I would like to see it printed with just a bit more "punch", a bit more blacks.
    drpsilver, happiness is... Only too true, a nice still, and a clear message. Nicely printed.

That's it so far. And... my cards went in the mail yesterday. I received my own card today, which is proof that the mail service has emptied the mailbox and processed the mail. I hope my cards find their way around the globe.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    ChristopherCoy, music in the street. Good example of street photography; not too easy with the dark background. I would like to see it printed with just a bit more "punch", a bit more blacks.

That's interesting. It's actually quite a contrasty photo as it was high noon when I shot this. I preferred the less contrasty look with a bit more detail in the background, but thanks for your opinion! I'll try to reprint this one with a little more blacks next time and see how I like it. This one was done with a number 1 filter I think, at 15 seconds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far, I had only commented on cards from piu58, rst and MattKing. But there's more! I've also received:

ozphoto, Berlin. We also visited Berlin earlier this year, and I share your sentiments. A lovely photo, the Fernsehturm reflected in an office(?) building. Great colours.
    At the time I shot it, it was an abandoned office block on the river that winds through the city (took a river cruise) - today it could be totally demolished or totally refurbished; I haven't yet had the opportunity to return and shoot even more rolls of film around the city, but hope to do so again soon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received oxleyroad's intersting old new windmill. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike WildeMy favourite is Birds at the Blue Water Bridge, a lovely action shot. When I get that close to birds, they all fly away before I can even get the camera ready. How did you do it? .
    135mm lens, and stand upwind. The wind was blowing pretty well that 42C hot day, 15-20km/hr. I was along a river bank, with a fair crowd of people stretched out along the shore line behind me.

The birds would wheel up as a mob, fly around a bit, and then come back to rest. So I just stood still and waited for them to come back to where they rested for 5-7 minutes , and caught some good frames as some of them were just taking off each cycle.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    28 Nov 2012

These cards have been on my desk for a week now. Thought I should comment on them while I have the time.

"Skin Tight" by mjs is a good commentary on where women's fashion have gone.
    "Speedy" by Jim17x - the camera that made photojournalism great. I really like how the camera peeks-out of the shadows. Well done.
    The card from ChristopherCoy does a good job at capturing the intensity of the musician. I like how you tilted the frame of reference to ad character to the photo.
    "Beer Can Building" is a great description of the photo from jimo. It looks like something built in the 60's
    "Old New Windmill" from Oxleyroad is a nice study of new and old (blades vs. tail of windmill).

I look forward to more cards in the coming weeks.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recieved "Skin Tight" by mjs
    and "Old New Windmill" from Oxleyroad

Thanks for the cards! Now I've got 10! I can't wait to see the rest. I hope everyone has gotten mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I'm glad you like it, I chuckled a little for the post mans sake. Wich did I send you? I cant remember I sent out 8 different pictures.
    It was the corset image; they don't see too much of that style of thing if it isn't in a (very tame) men's magazine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    It was the corset image; they don't see too much of that style of thing if it isn't in a (very tame) men's magazine.
    Oh yes, very tame!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin