Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,139   Online: 898

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The pile of received cards yet to be commented on got too high for my liking this morning.

BoxBrownieDown by the Jetty- A nice image, iconic of public infrastructure throughout the world – Plant once proudly built then left to blend in to the world by somewhat benign neglect. Obviously this terminal is still suited to the task, boarding any waiting passengers.
    I enjoy the slightly out of focus image of the far shore, and the capture of the image on an overcast day contributes well to the feel, and mate with the image tone and surface finish you have rendered on this print.

hankins27Old Church – Apparently abandon for quite some time. A sign of the dwindling impact of small towns to me. The area is still being farmed though, if I interpret the plowed land to the edge of the building correctly.
    I like how you have set the building askew to the margins of the image print to enhance the settling foundations of this building. Nice tone in the sky, and overall print contrast.

MattKing ‘At the End of the Dock ‘ – thank goodness for the title. I at first blush before reading the title had this being a double print of two negatives- one of an old building taking looking to the sky, and the other being the tree line . Then the title told me it was a reflection in the still water , and my building became the corner of the dock decking. Nice sharp image, good micro contrast in the foreground, and good tone balance in the rest of the print.

megzdad81‘Streamside Detail 4’ Fibre based paper developed in Amidol! So this is the black blacks people have spoken of that Amidol yields. The first time I have seen it. I do like it. The print has a nice crispness in its breadth of tones. My minor quibble is that the print I got is bled printed on one side, and margined on the three remaining sides, which tends to pull my eye.

Rince Thank you for sending over two images to me.
    ‘Support and Strength ‘An abstract image of a hook bolt anchored into a precast concrete surface, with a loop of steel cable hung over the hook. The print conveys the scene nicely in an overall low key tone, with nice crisp focus. The text takes the image and drives a great message home.
    ‘Fleeting Moment’ Time moves on, don’t try to chain it down, but then contrast it with what photography is really about. Good use of thirds, shallow depth of field, and placing elements at or near the thirds intersecting locations Good overall use of contrast in the image.

Trsvax‘Rockin in Austin” A neat image with the stones placed on the weathered stump. I would be interested to see this image printed perhaps a tad lighter, with the contrast adjusted, so the lower left shadow did not merge with the dark side of the trunk. Otherwise an neat and quirky still life image arranged out in the field.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    anikin, ozphoto, glad to find out that my postcards are finding their way to their intended recipients.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received "Tampa bay" from James O'Gara. Thank you, a fine shot!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange #28 Comments and Feedback

36 cards were mailed today. I completely apologize for being so late this round! It's been a hectic few months.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello all,

I just put my postcards in the post this morning. I hope they make their way alright.

Thank you for all the cards received so far, especially:

Rachelle: very nice print of a infrared composition that works very well. It has a drawing feel to it.

Jacco: very quirky and contemporary pinhole camera image. Really really nice.

And finally Slaughter: it is not quite a postcard, but the print is very well executed. Very nice tonality and quite an exercice to send that many fiber base prints out.

A great day to all,

Delphine

Shooter
    35mm
    I knew I shouldn't have opened my mouth about missing cards! I got four in total over the last week

mooseontheloose: Stranglehold - what a beautiful image, I've stuck it on my wall!
    Jimo: Sunshine Skyway - love the clouds and composition in this one.
    megzdad81: (2 cards and I wasn't even on your list, I'm impressed) Gulf Coast - this is great, just my kinda shot, I love all the lines.
    Streamside Detail 4 - great tonality, how interesting to be so close to such wonderful wilderness.

Thank you everyone, a super display of photography!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine are finally in the post.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received 4 more great cards this week from.. Jimo, ChristopherCoy, ozphoto and Kraker.. Thanks! 21 of 36 so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jimo's "Sunshine Skyway arrived in BKK this week as well.

I love these types of bridges - there are a few here in BKK (one reminds me of a bridge in Boston) - and this one looks quite resplendent on the Tampa skyline.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    07 April 2013

To All:

I have received lots of great cards, and I thank you all for the joy they bring when I find them in my mailbox. On 30 March my mother landed in the ER with a mild stoke (her second). After 4 days in the in the hospital, she is now spent 5 days in a sub-acute rehab facility. Unfortunately at 93 years-old she has had a very slow recovery. The main issues are: (1) regaining her balance so she might return home, and (2) treating the deep depression she is suffering from.

Mom is a wonderful woman and it has been rough on me to see her suffer as much as she has. I am her only child so a lot has been thrust upon me in very short order. Fortunately Dad (at 88 years-old) is taking this in stride. I cannot imagine how he feels.

This is all an introduction to why I have not commented on any cards for several weeks. Hope to do so soon.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 04-08-2013 at 02:09 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Rewording

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin