Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,363   Online: 954

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I've received a few more recently-

• George Nova Scotia Shadows On Snow Lovely interplay of light and shadow. A really peaceful scene.
    • Delphine Rainy Day Very interesting blurring effect using water. Nice way to make use of a day where many might skip going out to photograph. The postcard fold feature was a nice touch as well.
    • ChristopherCoy Beignets for Breakfast Like the placement of the subject and the depth of field treatment -- it's like their teasing us from between the glasses. Also, I'm writing this before breakfast, and looking at the picture is making me quite hungry!
    • Jimo Sunshine Skyway The perspective chosen for this photo was great -- really conveys the scale of the structure. Seems like it goes on forever.

Thanks to all for sharing these wonderful images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George Nova Scotia Picnic Time? Love the view with the snow-capped roof, picnic benches that look as if the have soft white cushions just waiting to be used for a picnic. (Would love to have a light snowfall here in BBK - the heat over the past several weeks, has been rather oppressive.)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Andy Carson-Oxleyroad--Termite Mounds--wonderful shot. I had seen pictures of African termite mounds but these are different. Does Australia have anteaters? The strangest thing is, this postcard got my wife the most vocal about traveling to Australia! Now, if in the next round you could send a stellar postcard from New Zealand, I might be able to seal that deal!

Thanks--for the next round I will try to send something more iconic from Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Next week: Sign up starts for Round 29

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post
    Great news! My mailbox needs yet another dose of joy and international imagery!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post

Put me down for the max again. LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've neglected to post which cards I've gotten

ChristopherCoy
    Beignets for breakfast mmm looks delicious!
    JimO Tampa Bay love the detail in the cloudsmooseontheloose stranglehold wow what an incredible tree!Delphine Rainy Day I really love this shot. You really get a different perspective by gettting in close or looking it from further away. GreGeorge Nova Scotia Picnic Time - What a lovely shot. Such great contrast yet so soft at the same time.

This was a lot of fun everyone! I love getting these in the mail. Sure beats bills. I may not be able to participate in the next one. If my promotion goes through I'll be moving to NYC (well actually Jersey) where I may or may not be able to have a darkroom. Crossing my fingers to be able to afford a 2 bathroom apartment or even an extra closet.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Postcards mailed today, except for Bluejeh2 for whom I have left a question. This has been an excellent exchange and I am grateful for all the hard work you folks have put into your postcards!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
    I've neglected to post which cards I've gotten[B]

...[/I]This was a lot of fun everyone! I love getting these in the mail. Sure beats bills. I may not be able to participate in the next one. If my promotion goes through I'll be moving to NYC (well actually Jersey) where I may or may not be able to have a darkroom. Crossing my fingers to be able to afford a 2 bathroom apartment or even an extra closet.

nothing like having a darkroom in your home, but i'm sure there are plenty fo darkrooms in the nyc metro area that you'll have access to... lotsa apuggers and other... schools, etc.

sometimes i dream of moving back... i think i prefer it as a dream. have fun. you'll love it.

jvo

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by megzdad81 View Post

Pipoca -- I really like the detail--I am a sucker for landscape and landscape details. I constantly have to tell myself to get closer. I know what you mean about the allergy to the tree--any time I prune our cedar-type bushes, I break out. I think there's an aromatic oil in them.
    Funny you say you are constantly telling yourself to get closer, I'm trying to get further away myself. I shoot close like that, and I very rarely shoot wide out. I want to shoot wide, but I don't know how. That or I don't do it enough so I'm lacking the skill that's developed out of practice/vision.

George Nova Scotia's,Shadows on Snow came in. I'm a little late on replying that. It had me keep saying that it was some kind of arrangement in the studio. The lighting and surface kept playing tricks on me, but at the same time I kept believing it was something aside from the studio. I flip it over, yup. I was right and wrong, haha. Thanks.

I also got a post from Jim O

Like I mentioned up above to Megzdad, I'm struggling to shoot wide, so it's nice to see something that is something I have trouble doing. I really don't use much gray, but the tonality is pleasant. I'll keep that in mind for future reference

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin