Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,987   Online: 665

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The SIGN_UP FOR ROUND 29 has started. Just click one the words <-

Thanks everyone for their comments in Round 28, I'm sure there are a few more to come.

If you haven't sent your cards for Round 28 it's time to enter panic mode and get them out, please don't let the other folks down.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just to update everyone:
    I am extremely sorry for the HUGE delay. I have had the cards printed for some time now. Not to get into unnecessary details, my wife and I had our first child in December, things came up (nothing bad) recently that put a larger than normal financial burden on us. I wanted to conserve every bit of money just to be careful. I feel awful that I had to wait this long. The cards will go out first thing in the morning. Hopefully this doesn't discredit me as a forum member, but if it does, it should surely give me credit as a father and husband. ahah. We made it through fine. Our daughter is beautiful. I'll be uploading a few photos I took of her soon. Good day to everyone. I think I'll sit this next round out. I'd like to have a superb negative before joining again.
    -Cody

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i just recieved 2 prints from bavendt, nice, thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haslguitar View Post
    Just to update everyone:
    I am extremely sorry for the HUGE delay. I have had the cards printed for some time now. Not to get into unnecessary details, my wife and I had our first child in December, things came up (nothing bad) recently that put a larger than normal financial burden on us. I wanted to conserve every bit of money just to be careful. I feel awful that I had to wait this long. The cards will go out first thing in the morning. Hopefully this doesn't discredit me as a forum member, but if it does, it should surely give me credit as a father and husband. ahah. We made it through fine. Our daughter is beautiful. I'll be uploading a few photos I took of her soon. Good day to everyone. I think I'll sit this next round out. I'd like to have a superb negative before joining again.
    -Cody
    Congratulations Cody!

I'm sure the wait for your postcard will be most worthwhile - enjoy being a doting husband & father; many, many photo opportunities now in the works for you.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Oh well! I printed mine so that I could have sent in week one of the exchange and then, somehow there was never the right time to write and address them until yesterday. And now they are in the mail. Sorry to everyone for taking so long and really, I do not even have an excuse - like a newborn child which in my opinion is the best excuse you can ever have. So congratulations Cody.

I think I do not deserve getting the great postcards I received so far. Thanks to everyone.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by haslguitar View Post
    Just to update everyone:
    -Cody
    I feel you! I have a 10 month old and its still a challenge to get into the darkroom. Hell, its a challenge to get the lawn mowed, much less do things I actually WANT to do!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I found a very beautiful card in my letterbox: Man with his horse from mjs. I think it was not too easy to get an decent gray tone for the skin - in the shadow of the hat. The dark horse gives a nice contrast.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man with His Horse also arrived in BKK today.
    As Uwe said, great tones for both the man and his horse.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The stream of postcards seems to have stopped for this round. I've received cards from 27 lovely people:

A dark & moody piece, perhaps a transit base, from Pfiltz
    A philosophical piece, from Black Dog
    Three thoughtful prints from Mike Wilde
    “Streamside Detail 4” but it has become separated from the envelope so I don't know from whom it is, sorry!
    Termite Mounds from Oxleyroad
    “Bustling or empty – 12 -crossing” from Kraker
    Sunshine Skyway bridge from Jimo
    Drew, from Ozphoto
    Call a Pizza, from Mardan (Da Vinci's in Elkhart, IN USA has the best pizza I know of, anywhere. And I know pizza! )
    The clever folding rainy day window, from Delphine
    Beignets for Breakfast, from ChristopherCoy
    Pineapple, from Horacekenneth
    Cairn, Macugnaga, Italy from drpsilver
    Cross at Daybreak, from ??? (Postmarked Asheville, NC) which interestingly arrived on the Friday before Easter
    Rock'n in Austin from trsvax
    Down by the Jetty, by Boxbrownie
    Old Church by hankins27
    Shadows on Snow from George Nova Scotia
    At the End of the Dock from MattKing
    North Carolina Pier, from treddy
    Fleeting Moment, from rince
    Wat Remains, from mooseontheloose
    A photograph of stone in raking light, from warejn
    A Couple Ducks, from Jim17x
    Honest, Officer from anikin
    Cypress Tree in Pedernales State Park from pipoca
    Old Inn in Dobilz from piu58

Thank you very much for sending me such wonderful things!

mjs
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At saturday I recieved a very fine card from Rüdiger, detail of the Louvre. Pars pro toto!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin