Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,976   Posts: 1,523,653   Online: 1128

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021 LastLast
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just when I think the mailbox is empty... Lovely postcard "Welcome Home Mr. Contrast" from haslguitar arrived today. Thanks!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received some lovely cards from George Nova Scotia, rst, and mjs. Thanks guys!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also got "Welcome Home Mr. Contrast" from haslguitar yesterday.

Shooter
    Medium Format

congrats...

haslguitar... wonderful news, and as others have reported, perfectly acceptable - now the challenge is to get some sleep AND get in the darkroom!!

jvo

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to everyone for understanding the delay. Looking forward to doing this again in the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG Postcard Exchange #28

Hey folks, we just got round to it. Postcards from the two bluejehs were mailed today! Hope you like 'em. Already thinking of an print for the next round.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm starting to wonder whether I've discovered an esoteric formula for receiving more postcards -- I post believing that I've received the last postcards from the current round and shazam! A new one shows up in the mail. Today's was a very dynamic detail of the Louvre from rst! Thanks!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got the cards from Judyan Ed Higham and enjoyed them very much. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once again a nice pile of cards have accrued, now I take the time to address them:

Bluejeh – Through the Window A nice abstraction that uses the window frame to delineate the crazy distortions seen from the area of the panes. Discordant image shapes surround the window that enhance the random feelings you get from the windows distorted contents. Grain too, lots of it, but not excessive, which works well here to pair with the other distortions already being well exploited.

Bluejeh2 – Angel at Westminster. A nice low key image, framed in by snatches of higher contrast information in the upper corners. Great sharpness, as a 4x5 can ably deliver in the right hands. I quite like the obviously detailed attempt at image capture, and subsequent printing to deliver a great symmetrical image.

halsguitar – Welcome Home Mr. Contrast. A nice accident, I would say. One of the surprises you get after really looking at the negs, and finding something neat in them that you could not have reasonably foreseen when you captured the initial image. Nice brooding clouds, a tree ripe with static birds, and then this rocket of a bird come shooting in all a blur from image right. It is quite nice. It works well in a small print, where your eye flits around to take in all of the details.

mjs – Man with his horse. Nice framing. It is not often that out of focus dominant foreground image element work well, but it does in this image. The slightly fuzzy horse’ nose does not detract from the image, but instead emphasizes the relationship to the tack sharp image element of the man holding his reins. A good range of tones, with appropriate contrast; there are few areas off all white highlights, and no detail less shadows. Enough background detail to establish some context, but not enough to detract from the image as a whole.

rst – Louvre Detail. This is quite a nice abstraction. There are good sharp in focus areas, and nice out of focus background elements. Clean white clear areas. I enjoy how you have placed the various elements of the subject within the frame.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got mine from the bluejeh's (Ed & Judy). Very cute couple to send out postcards together like that and to get to see the stylistic differences of a couple that both enjoy photography.
    I play around with 4x5 but my wife sticks to 35mm and does much better than me.

I like Ed's a lot. I only wish it had come closer to Easter. I looked up the meaning of "laetitia" and would guess it reads something like "you [are] the glory to Jerusalem you [are] the joy of Israel". I like the dark center surrounded by the lighter angels and was wondering if you burned the center in a bit.

I really liked Judy's, very nice abstract photo. Struggled for a bit to make sense of the window and wall and then gave up. It all works together. Obvious curvy distortions surrounded by subtle rigid ones. The grain is nice and the central shades as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin