Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,186   Online: 855

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For all those who haven't mailed your cards yet and have haslguitar on your list please stand by for an updated address via PM. Should in the hour or so when I can get to a real computer.

--------------

OK I think I've sent the new address to most people on the list - except for the ones I've already received a card from - so I'll assume they are already in the mail..

Still a month to go so no need to panic just yet - in fact I need some dark time too..
    Last edited by George Nova Scotia; 03-01-2013 at 09:23 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: updated info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry for the delay on mine ^^. They will be out soon.
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mine just went out!! Fist time participating -- this is very exciting!

Jim17x: "A couple of ducks" -- really loves the serenity of it. Made me happy and relaxed.

Drpsilver: "Cairn, Macugna, Italy" -- I agree with ozphoto, I really enjoyed how gritt this was, and found the composition very elegant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Warejn: Cave View - I really like this shot. Some lovely tones in the rock face which adds to the mystery of the scene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was typing up a really awesome post, but my computer crapped out, so here is the abbreviated version:

My daughter was 6 months when I signed up for the exchange, and slept through the night. Now she's 7 months, has started teething, being sick and wanting to crawl and play. She no longer goes to sleep at 8! Many thanks to my wife for letting me into the darkroom tonight to finish off the prints for the exchange.

I should be shipping them on Monday or Tuesday.

Here is what I've recieved so far:

Anikin - Honest Officer - Great use of lines. Now explain how exactly that happens!

Jim 17X - A couple Ducks - I love this low key print. I know the subject is the ducks. What really draws me in is the silhouette of the leaves at the top thought. Tack sharp too.

Carin, Macugnaga, Italy - Great execution through the whole process. Composition, DOF and exposure. The print is just right. Sharp foreground, great texture in the rocks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got 3 so far...

Rince: Love the solitude look of this

Anikin: Now that's funny

Jim17x: Wish I had taken this...Nice job
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post

.... all these wonderfully conceived and printed, thoughtfully produced; a challenge to do better. Thank you!

jvo
    Indeed a challenge to do better! I've gotta' make sure to step it up for the next round based on what I've gotten from the folks here.

I got a card from rince. Poetry both visually and written. Hey, isn't that what photography is? Writing poetry with light.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange #28 Comments and Feedback

Is there a sticky on the exchange? I'd like to understand sizes and requirements, I CAN'T print optically so does this mean I can't participate?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Is there a sticky on the exchange? I'd like to understand sizes and requirements, I CAN'T print optically so does this mean I can't participate?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All answers are, not surprisingly, in this, the Postcard Exchange sub-forum. It is a Sticky thread with the title of "The Postcard Exchange FAQ". I believe that you will find that all your questions will be answered.

The current exchange is in process, and therefore closed for new entrants. Check the "Schedules" thread in this sub-forum for the sign up "window" for the next Exchange #29.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin