Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,131   Online: 1150

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    > Rollei 100 Retro to try myself.
    That is Agfa APX 100 material
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    > Rollei 100 Retro to try myself.
    That is Agfa APX 100 material
    Of course!Brain freeze here - my all-time favourite film is APX 100. I have a truck load in the freezer - is it identical Uwe, or are there some minor, subtle differences?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > there some minor, subtle differences?
    No differences. Afga "converted" all remaining material (base, silver and so on) into apx film in 2005. This was cheaper than dispose it. The master rolls were freezed. I believe what we can buy today is some of the last material form this last but huge batch.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally braved the (increased x 1 million cars!!!) BKK traffic to post off my cards today! Real stamps this time - guess they wanted me to exercise my stamp licking skills. . . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    My cards went in the post yesterday, most are going across the Pond but some to Europe so they should arrive shortly. Enjoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dropped all of the postcards off today. Sorry for the delay!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Printed mine today. Will be mailed Monday!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Mine are printed and half mailed--the international require I stand in line.

Uwe, your shot of the inn has piqued my wife's interest in Germany, but I'm telling her we don't want to stay there.

Mike, I am suprised with the contrast in your B&W shots for old paper. I have about 500 sheets of Kodak PCIII that I can only get decent whites out of if I don't run it through developer, even with using significant amounts of benzotriazole. Very nice

Dennis, your picture of the chain had the unfortunate impact of reminding me of my job, but I'm thinking of taking it to work and hanging it so they get the point ... I like the tones captured in the links

Darwin, your cairn reminded me of one I recently saw in a rain swollen stream--I should have shot it, but it was too far away and too dangerous. I continue to wonder at the effort to do that in the middle of flowing water ... Great texture in the cairn rocks.

Eugene--I know you found that shot of the power pole in east Tennessee--that's just how we do things here. The only hint that it might be somewhere if the lack of skunk roadkill. We can only home that there was some sort of reason for it ...

Matt, very interesting photograph, and I really like the texture of the wood. The tone of the water reflection is very pure and not overexposed like I always do. Don't you love when the straight print is the best?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All printed & mailed on Thursday or Friday last week and got a few in the mail.

Dennis, I appreciate the simplicity - there are only four things in the picture - but the composition and tones make it very interesting. Thank you for your abstract on the picture as well. I think sometimes the chains can be a good and beautiful reminder of what has past.

Barny, love the rocks on the piling. At first glance I wanted a little more white in the photo, but after studying it some more I think I really like the tones you did choose to pull out in the piling and the rocks. Very pretty.

Jim, the ducks and the water are so crisp, I almost feel like I'm there. Really quite pretty.

Thanks guys

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    17 Mar 2013

I have received some really great cards. Here are my comments in no particular order (order determined by the pile on my desk).

The card from Fozzle has lots for the viewer to look for, and questions to ask.
    Hankins27 sent a photo of old church. It would be cool to get inside to photograph. Sharp with good contrast.
    BoxBrownie's print from India leads the viewer into a story of "What is this place, and what happens here?"
    A lock and chain for rince demonstrates effective use of depth-of-focus.
    Nice 4x5 contact print of sea foam from treddy (something I have been trying to do effectively for some time).
    Great photo of a musician and his partner. I really like how Jim Christie captured the essence of this man.
    Took me a minute to figure out which way was up in the photo sent by Matt King. Cool use of reflection as a visual element.
    The photo from anikin is really strange. How does one use a road with a power pole in the middle of the lane?
    The photo from Mardan prompts the the question "What is he thinking about?" Nicely done.
    Mooseontheloose has produced yet another fantastic image. I really like the ethereal feel of this photo.
    Cool high contrast photo from warejn. Nice use of light to show texture.
    Nice photo of a young family of ducks from Jim17x. I like how you used the foreground to add depth to the photo.
    The inn that piu58 photographed looked like it was a nice place to stay, at one time. Would be cool to get a look inside.
    Initially the photo from pipoca gave me the feeling of being in a castle dungeon. Nice use of high contrast.
    Of the three photos from Mike Wilde the Korean War Memorial I think is most effective. The soldiers almost look real.

That's all to-date. Looking forward to more.

Regards,
    Darwin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin