Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,124   Online: 803

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only one card has arrived for the past week:

Hankins27 Old Church. Shot on my favourite film - APX100 - with lovely grain and contrast. Like Darwin, I'd love to get inside this one and shoot it to bits!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An update...

My cards were printed last week. I used old Agfa paper, the same I used a few rounds back. Back then, I had a big "curl" problem. This time, I tried drying using the print dryer, the result being that instead of curling inwards, they are now curling outwards. Not sure that's a big improvement...

They have spent about a week under a big heavy stack of books, I hope that helps (haven't dared to look yet). Depending on how bad the curl is, I might decide to send them in envelopes.

I have received some nice cards already, I will comment on them as soon as my own cards are posted.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After a month in Laos and Thailand I'm finally back home and it was very exciting to get a huge pile of postcards in the mail today. In no particular order:

Two very nice but different portraits from ozphoto and JimChristie.
    A nice contrasty image of corn from pipoca, as well as a slice of contact prints. In particular I like the images of the old truck.
    Some soft old wood from warejn contrasts nicely with the rocks in drpsilver's "Cairn"
    Water seems to be a popular theme this round, with a nice calm stillness from MattKing's "at the end of the deck", a more moody shot from TimReddy and his North Carolina pier, and some timeless images of ducks from Jim17x, and BoxBrownie's "Down by the Jetty".
    anikin's "Honest, Officer" is just begging for an accident to happen, and I find Mardan's "call a pizza" kind of funny and sad at the same time.
    Fozzle's "the future is now" really captures the progression of time/technology, especially with that faint carved head in the background.
    hankins27's "Old Church" is a building I would love to photography myself someday.
    Two prints from rince (I'm honored!) -- I really like the way you've captured more philosophical ideas in both "support and strength" and "fleeting moment".

Almost halfway there (15/37 cards) -- looking forward to seeing what else comes in this round!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More postcards found their way to my home:

Barry's (trsvax) "Rock in Austin" Cool arrangement of rocks. Great idea.
    "Cross at Daybreak" by unnamed. Very nice sunrise shot.
    "The future is now" by Fozzle. Very modernistic. I love just the hint of the Egyptian head in the glass next to the robot.
    "Streamside Detail 4" by Bob Slaughter It makes a nice texture abstract with sharp rocks and dreamy water.
    MattKing's "At the end of the dock" A great composition. There is only a hint of the dock, which makes it a near-abstract print. I bet it's a stunning print when enlarged bigger!
    "Old Church" by hankins27. Steve, you've managed the contrast really well. I bet it's a difficult print to make and keep the detail in both sky and the shadows. Great Job! It looks like it was quite an impressive building at one time...
    "Down by the Jetty" by BoxBrownie. A great shot of India!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few more cards:
    "What Remains" by moseontheloose. Rachelle, this is a perfect companion to the lith prints you sent to me earlier! Even the toning matches the lith prints. I love it. Thanks!
    "Fleeting Moment" by rince. A shot of a lock and a chain. A great artsy shot. Nice!
    "Cairn, Bacugnaga" by drpselver. A rock formation ... and a nice philosophical image.
    "A Fan" by Jim Christie. A great shot of a street performer at the Pike Place Market. I'm always fond of shot of musician and street performers. It's winner!
    And the last but not least is "call a pizza" by mardam Damn, I miss Europe! This card is my favourite so far in this exchange. And the chef in front of the restaraunt just makes it perfect!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha, I've been trolling this thread to see if my postcard had showed up for anyone yet. I read Anikin's post and realized I forgot to put my username on the card!

I'm Ed Struble (edcculus) and did the Cross at Sunrise shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
    Haha, I've been trolling this thread to see if my postcard had showed up for anyone yet. I read Anikin's post and realized I forgot to put my username on the card!
    I did the same thing. Makes you think what the folks on the other end thought, when they received a print from someone that they don't know, nor are aware that is was from this exchange.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did however put basic photo info (camera, film, developer etc), and its printed on Ilford Postcard paper, so mine should be pretty obvious they are for the exchange. Hopefully everyone who signed up knows they have some coming!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
    I did however put basic photo info (camera, film, developer etc), and its printed on Ilford Postcard paper, so mine should be pretty obvious they are for the exchange. Hopefully everyone who signed up knows they have some coming!

I received your card today.. "Cross at Sunrise" Great card.. Thanks! A name or exchange number would be good because i didn't know if it was from this round because im still waiting on a few from the last round.. Also i received great cards from "horacekenneth" and another card with no name or exchange number.. "Streamside Detail 4" with the name "Slaughter" on the envelope.. Thanks for the great cards everyone!

I just found my mailing list and that card must be from "megzdad81"
    Last edited by Jim17x; 03-19-2013 at 01:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim, which one did I send you, haha

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin