Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,804   Online: 678

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by horacekenneth View Post
    Jim, which one did I send you, haha
    "Palm at Bahia Honda"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim17x View Post
    I received your card today.. "Cross at Sunrise" Great card.. Thanks! A name or exchange number would be good because i didn't know if it was from this round because im still waiting on a few from the last round.. Also i received great cards from "horacekenneth" and another card with no name or exchange number.. "Streamside Detail 4" with the name "Slaughter" on the envelope.. Thanks for the great cards everyone!

I just found my mailing list and that card must be from "megzdad81"

Jim - PM sent. Cross at Sunrise was me. Sorry for the confusion!

Shooter
    35mm
    I've gotten some more cards in, and it seems rocks are stones are popular. Thanks to trsvax and megzdad81. I particularly like the post shot from trsvax, as I like the texture of the post itself. The grays from the stones are quite nice too.

The print from megzdad? The shot is beautiful, but I am at a real loss for words about the print itself. The print is beyond description for me. The print! I've gotta' go to TN now! Like, right now! Ohhhhh, the print!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange #28 Comments and Feedback

Before I stick these in the mail, I just want to verify that there are 35 of us signed up (36 including myself...) correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had 37 on my list but that included my name also.. So 36 were sent by me..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Before I stick these in the mail, I just want to verify that there are 35 of us signed up (36 including myself...) correct?
    Based on the first couple of posts in the thread, there are either 40 or 41 people signed up for the exchange.

Assuming that you signed up for "the Max", this means you would have received a list of around 35 people to send cards to.

The difference between the two numbers arises because:

1) not everyone signs up for "the Max" (e.g., I signed up for 24); and
    2) you should receive one card from everyone who is on your list to send to.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard Exchange #28 Comments and Feedback

I did sign up for max, but I've gotten so many PM's with address corrections and one late entry that I wanted to make sure I was sending the correct amount out.

So max really isn't the max then?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post

So max really isn't the max then?
    The max is the largest possible number that still ensures that each participant gets one card for every card they send out.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format

back...

been away and on my trip to the post office i got the usual bills, AND a whole lotta post cards - definitely, better than my previous post vacation trips to the post box!

from...
    steve hankins, old church
    steve brown, down by the jetty
    mardom, call a pizza
    tim reddy, north carolina pier
    dennis bieling, fleeting moment
    jim christie, busker
    trond, on the beach
    drpsilver, cairn, macugnaga, italy
    black dog, shomei fomatsu
    mattking, deasslough
    fozzle, the future is now
    trsvax, rockin in austin
    edculus, cross at daybreak

each a really great picture, done well, thanks to each of you. now into the darkroom to pump out some prints! i'm looking forward to it, thanks to all your fine work.

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the updates, I'll have to post some soon - some new meds have me a bit messed up.

ChristopherCoy I checked the list, yes you had 36 (including yourself) plus the one late arrival. As Matt said the MAX is not always the most - however if you want to send more cards I'm sure we could find an address or two more

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin