Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,259   Online: 1004

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's been a while since I commented here.
    Have received some more excellent cards:
    bluejeh2, Tree monster, a simple yet intriguing subject. Well executed, nicely printed.
    bluejeh, Hedy's vase. Stunning. Daring, also, so much black, but it really works out well, very well, to draw the eye to the subject.
    JimO, alienis, something different after the deep blacks from the bluejehs. Lovely, dreamy, otherworldly almost. Dreamy. I'll stick to dreamy.
    mooseontheloose, what a stunning photo of a waterfall. I'm drawn into the picture, can almost see myself there. Calming, soothing, an excellent photo. Even without HIE, you know how to produce a great photo.
    hbooks, nice shot of a dog. I see he/she found a nice place in the shadow. The image makes me think that is the best place to be, a cool place, cooling down, not in the sun that is present in the rest of the picture.
    A print that has been attributed to megzdad81 by others; morning ride. Nice moody print, love the morning light falling, creeping, through the canopy.
    drpsilver, I can't find the words to describe this, other than: beautiful scene, lovely print, excellent tribute.
    ndrs, I wasn't reading the description properly, for a moment you had me thinking: "collodion, colour?"... only to realise that I was a bit quick in putting 2 and 2 together (with the result not being 4). Lovely print, and very interesting blog to browse.

What can I say? Not a single print I don't like, lovely work from all of you! Thanks!

Also a big thanks to those who have commented on my cyanotype. You are all welcome!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Jacco de Kraker - YAY a cyanotype! you have me interested is the paper pre cut postcard material made by fabriano? thank you for going to the lengths of making an alternate print.
    Stephen, yes, it is pre-cut postcard material from Fabriano. Watercolour cold press, 25% cotton, 300 g/m2. Comes in a block of 20. Stumbled upon these at the local art supply store, they were even discounted at the time, so I bought two blocks. I should check whether the discount is still valid and buy some more.

As for "going to the lengths"... I really enjoyed doing this, and looking back, I think it was the best option anyway; we had some weeks with very sunny, hot weather, and it was easier to sit outside exposing these cyanotypes than it would have been sitting locked in a darkroom directly under the roof. Would have been way too hot to do any proper printing. I might do cyanotypes again next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Kraker – Hillside- A wonderful cyanotype, with beautiful paper texture that mates well with the subject matter. Nice subject matter to begin with , a pastoral hillside cope of trees. Good coating – foam brush or some sort of other brush I surmise. If this is your first jab at cyanotype, you are off to a fine start; let the enlarged negative making begin!
    APUG lacks a "blush" icon, I could use one right now. I always appreciate and value your extensive and constructive feedback. Of course it is especially easy to take in when it is favourable, but regardless of that: please keep giving this extensive feedback. I used just some sort of brush, nothing special, just one that my girlfriend (who is attending a painting class) could part with. I have learned that (for me, at least) coating is harder to get right than exposure. I've taken your advice and have started shooting some more 6x9 negatives (the largest I can take at the moment...).
    Last edited by kraker; 08-14-2013 at 02:31 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another postcard arrived today from Boxbrownie : Merry-Go-Round. Could that possibly be a Hills Hoist being used as most Aussie kids envisage it should be?!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received the following over the last week (not in the order they were received though):

Reflection: from DRPSilver, a different take on a reflection which works wonderfully, I really like this and appreciate the sentiment given.
    HBooks; A Dog, looks like a Golden Retriever, your first attempt at printing, I hope you enjoyed it and will do some more.
    Fozzle: Robot, A quite dark moody image.
    Edcculus: Vines, nice MF study of vines climbing a wall.
    BoxBrownie: Merry-go-Round, nicely printed card with a full range of tones.
    labcoat: 'No Title', image of a German Shepherd Dog framed by the legs of a pair of foals

Thanks to all, I really enjoy coming home to find postcards on the doormat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine finally in the post box.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A small update:

I've printed replacement cards for those British Airways lost with my suitcase somewhere on the Luxembourg-London-San Francisco route.
    It will be a lottery -- some of you in the USA will receive a colour card I originally intended to send. Some will get a B&W replacement.
    I'll be travelling for the next ten days, so labelling + posting has to wait until the end of the month.

Andres

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got the card form BoxBrownie, which shows a funny merry-go-round with tractor seats mouted. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format

received postcards

Hi you all,
    I received 8 postcards up until today for which I want to say thank you very much.
    i'm having so much fun wirh this exchange, always looking forward to opening the mailbox just in case that there could be another card in it - I'm thoroughly enjoying this!

The cards I got so far are:

GWR Pannier Tank - by Ed Bray - I love the scenery and this forceful engine
    Tree Monster - by blujeh2 - the monster simply popped out of the card, wonderful that you found this!
    Winterdisteln - by Uwe Pilz - a really unusual card with this old paper, I like the emotion it gives, I think it supports the mood
    Hedy's Vase - by bluejeh - a peaceful and very balanced still live with a beautiful vase
    Chimpanzee with camera - by Steve Frizza - this one made me laugh and i appreciate the humour!
    Shore - by Trond - a wondefully toned and very peaceful picture of a lake (I assume) - one of my favourite places to be!
    alienis - by jimo - unusual atmosphere, really not sure if its pleasant or rather scary - 'I can hear someone reciting 'The Raven' - I simply love the comment given with teh card - I think this is going to become my new answer when asked about my pictures (I could give details but won't)
    Merry-go-round - by BoxBrownie - I'm not sure that this Merry-go-round is for children, those tractor seats look quite big - the soft quality of the print enhances this (for me) a little sad mood.

Thank you all very much - I will be back for the next round and thank you George very warmly for doing this!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh My and thank you.
    I know you all warned me, I'm sure you did about retiring and available time.
    My bad. I'm a slow learner.

Envelopes addressed and stamped then caught on the road with no way to print.

Miine should be out in 5 weeks. Very humble apologies.
    Ill know to print first next time.

Best

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darwin's Reflection arrived today - had staff at the office guessing which way was up!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin