Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,807   Online: 960

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    20/30 - another 6 prints in the post box over the last 8 working days.

BoxBrownie - Merry-go-Round. I remember on of these in the 70's. Built by a local farmer and brought to the primary school on Fete day as a fund raiser.
    ndrs - Hat on Lawn. My first colour post card this round. I really like the shades of green and the sharp blackness of the top hat.
    megzdad81 - Morning Ride. Wonderfull image catching the streaks of morning light on the fog through the trees.
    ozphoto - Stonehenge. How did you get a photo without a million other visitors there and a picture that is not including that horrible rope that encompassed the stones to keep the visitors out. I made several visits between 94 and 97 at all sorts of time of day and was not able to capture what you have here.
    drpsilver - Reflection. Wonderfull image Darwin. A card that has drawn comment from everyone who has seen it here on the bench in the kitchen.
    hbooks - Dog. If this is your first print ever, I wished I had the courage to enter a print exchange with my first prints ever. You have done a really fine job, and this can only be the start of a life time addiction to chemistry in a darkened room...
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    ozphoto - Stonehenge. How did you get a photo without a million other visitors there and a picture that is not including that horrible rope that encompassed the stones to keep the visitors out. I made several visits between 94 and 97 at all sorts of time of day and was not able to capture what you have here.
    I waited for a *very* long time and I don't remember a rope being present that day (1998) if I remember correctly, there was a very low wire which I'm actually shooting under - my mum was a saint: she was actually keeping watch for new appearances and letting me know if they were about to enter from the RHS; was later in the afternoon, and luckily all the big tours had finished up. The few stragglers that were there, are actually hidden behind the stones - one of the few times I haven't cursed slow walkers!!
    Last edited by ozphoto; 08-21-2013 at 06:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So I needed to wait another year. I left Europe in 97, should have stretched my time for just 12 months more.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I've been gone for 2 weeks and was pleasantly surprised that the only mail to have come in that time were all APUG postcards! The mailman had a good look at all of them before handing them over!

BoxBrownie's "Merry-go-round" is a nice contrast to ozphoto's "Stonehenge". The former has a melancholy feel to it, of days long past and probably forgotten. The latter has wonderful life to it, with the basic colours, clouds, and wide-angle view. I visited Stonehenge 6 years ago and did not get any shots that remotely resemble this (could be due to the cold, rainy, November day I was there though )

Darwin's "Reflection" virtually wills you to hold it upside down (it seems more "right" for some reason), but I like it in both orientations. Similarly, Edcculus's jumble of vines has me searching for hidden treasures within.

Labcoat has caught a great moment in capturing people cooling down during the heat of summer -- makes me wish we had something like this in Japan! It hit 40 degrees Celsius today (in the shade) -- unfortunately cooling off in fountains or sprinklers just doesn't happen here.

Finally, I have to give props to Hayley Books' first print ever -- a lovely dog portrait, although I would admit to wishing the dog was a little lighter to stand out better against the background. But in all other respects it's a nice print!

And, keeping with the animal theme for a moment, I also have to admit I enjoyed Stephen Frizza's print of Mr. Jiggs. For some reason this card got missed in my earlier comments.

Thanks to one and all, and looking forward to the getting the final cards for this round!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oxleyroad's Steam arrived today - great story and I love shooting these types of subjects too.

Looking forward to more gracing the mailbox - the bills are getting boring!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    rec'd from

hayley books, "a dog in...", excellent job for 1st print - i don't think you can go wrong with a dog as a subject. go to admit it takes courage or confidence to enter a print postcard exchange never having printed before - nice to see.
    johannes, "...foals..." a spring time shot and unusually framed.
    ed struble, "vines", intriguing
    ???, morning ride, an enjoyable print, done beautiful - nice light through the trees
    jacco de kraker, "hillside", cyanotype... superb execution - someday i summon the courage to do one, this is truly inspiring!
    boxbrownie, "merry-go-round", i somehow remember riding one of these - fond memory!
    reflection, "drpsilver", love the tree!
    mardan, "protrait", pensive - what's she thinking?
    rachelle. "hae sai waterfalls" - very refreshing as i sit here on this hot summer day.

thanks to each of you.

jvo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The next card: Steam form AndyC. I like the story behind the photo and the phot itself too.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have received a few more that past 2 weeks which makes a nice change from the usual bills and boring political flyers (its election time here)

First up Bluejeh and Bluejeh2 ....two nice 5x7" the first being roses in a vase and the second a mosses on tree roots. Are the roses from your garden?

Second up is Oxleyroad close up of steam engine pistons. I am jealous because I love everything and anything steam and this sounds awesome! would love to see it running. thanks for the detailed explanation.

Third up DRPSILVER postcard titled 'Reflection" Beautiful card Love the reflected tree and how it is broken up by the reeds. Your dad would be proud of that image.

Fourth was from Hayley Books A cute dog in Port Aransas, you say this is your first print ever...Good work hopefully its followed by many many more! welcome to the world of printing.

Fifth card was by BoxBrownie I love the elements that are blending together in this the Buddha, yourself, the street with nice terraces. The lighting and contrast in this card is really pleasant as is the warm tone paper with selenium. Nice combo.

Next up is Ozphoto A nice colour card of Stone Henge. I hope to get here one day myself, In the mean time nice to see your image of it.

Last but not least I got a card from Edcculus Ivy growing up the side of a building, beautiful I wish more structures had Ivy growing on them here.

Has been really great to receive your cards and I look forward to the rest as they arrive. Many thanks everyone.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    31 Aug 2013

Thank you all for your kind words about the image I used on my postcard.

Since I lost my comments to the cards I had received two weeks ago, it is now time to try posting comments again. Unfortunately they will be somewhat abbreviated. I will also do them in smaller pieces, and in no particular order.

The photo from labcoat effectively used a "tunnel" to focus the view on the subject of the image. Well done.
    A nice piece of history is told with the photo from Oxleyroad. The engineer in my would like to see this engine run. It must be fascinating.
    "Stonehenge" from Ozphoto is very nice. I really like how the clouds complement the stones. This image is wonderfully sharp. Make me want to visit again!
    The merry-go-round photographed by BoxBrownie looks like it would be fun. There are a lot of stories to be told about this ride.

I am getting tired, it is 12:30 in the morning The next batch of comments may come in a couple of days.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looking forward to Round 30!

I'll be in it as soon as I see the sign up
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin