Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,554   Posts: 1,573,148   Online: 833

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    08 Sept 2013

Finally getting some time to craft my comments on the very nice cards I have received.

A nice portrait of a dog from hbooks. I received two prints, one of which had a lot of fingerprints on the back. Looked like fixer stains to me.
    The card from Edcculus is very interesting. I especially like how you Incorporated the windows and reflections. Well done.
    Flowing water - one of my favorite subjects. I really like the perspective that mooseontheloose used. The dark foreground balanced the bright sky, but neither detract from the flowing water. Well done.
    It was a very pleasant surprise to get a cyanotyoe form kraker. Cyanotype is so easy, so difficult at the same time. You were very successful at you first attempt. Keep up your efforts, and thank you for the words of encouragement.
    A photo of a fearsome trio from anikin. Sharp, good contrast, and very nicely done. I like the juxtaposition of old and new in this photo.
    Mardan sent a portrait with a interesting lighting. The dark center really enhances the woman's facial features. Well done.
    The card from jimo makes me ask where does this bridge go; where does it end? The bird seems to be asking the same.

Phone needs to be answered. Will continue in next post.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 09-08-2013 at 04:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Reason for next posting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    08 Sept 2013

Continuing from last post ...

The photos from bluejeh and bluejeh2 very different from each other - thank goodness all of us do not see the in the same way. Both of these prints use contrast very effectively. Both also have stories to tell. Nicely photographed and printed.
    Nice night photo of a dragon head by Maximusklaudius. The photo is sharp despite having to pan while photographing. Nicely done.
    Old buildings - another favorite subject for me. Steelbar's photo of a door also prompts questions about the history of this place. I really like the detail you successfully captured.
    The photo from Trond invites me to "step into the water". I like how you used the elevated horizon line to incorporate the foreground. I received two cards.
    Ed Bray's photo of an "Auto Coach" illustrates a "slice of history" that as been forgotten by many. Must be nice to see these trains run again.
    A photo of a very interesting building from akitakita. It looks like there are a lot of photographic opportunities around this building. Nice night photo. I also received two of these.
    I really like the print from piu58. The old paper, yellowed emulsion really accent the image you used. Thank you for a great image.
    A intriguing beach scene from mesantacruz. I ask what going on in the shadows?
    The photo from Peter Schrager illustrates that images cam be found anywhere. Wonder if this chair is beginning or ending its life?
    Another example of "found art", MattKing's photo of some graffiti in an abandoned pump house.
    I like the narrow dept of focus used by redrockcoulee to make the pillars "pop off the page".
    The humor of the photo by Stephen Frizza is great. It brings new meaning to the term "monkeying around". I also received two of these. I like the inked fingerprint "seal" on the back of the envelope. This is one of my favorite images from this round.
    I received a print from pilanni of a collodion self-portrait. I do not have their address in order to return the favor of receiving a nice print.
    "Morning Ride ..." from, I believe, megzdad81 is an image that invites me to walk down this tunnel of trees.

I look froward to Round 30.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got a very fine card from Rüdiger (rst) , again a pin hole shot. This time form the Baltic sea. I enjoyed it very much.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another card: Stonehenge form ozphoto. The clouds support the magical charisma of this place. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SORRY, SORRY, SORRY ... My cards are finally in the mail
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    08 Sept 2013
    A intriguing beach scene from mesantacruz. I ask what going on in the shadows?
    Darwin

If you're referring to the foreground, it is a sand castle that had been left behind. And the tide has risen and so is slowly washing it away, which leads to the title of the photo...

TAKE ME HOME/WASHED AWAY

i was hoping to share some nostalgia/sadness, but most of all melancholy, which brings other memories to mind.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    OK, I WILL complete my comments--I WILL ... in no particular order

Judy C -- Oxleyroad -- "Steam" : Pulling it out of the mailbox in the bright sun, it just looked so, metallic, what a neat photo and subject. Reminds me of photos my dad had of engine rooms in freighters from before WWII. Then once inside out of the bright light, I saw the steam--duh--nice subtle touch on the intangible object of steam. Very nice;
    Steve Brown -- BoxBrownie -- "Merry-go-round" What an interesting capture of what I think is a pretty old machine. In the US the fence around the would be double-wall and padlocked, there'd be a much larger fence around the entire contraption, and the real give-away--we'd have the mandatory seatbelts! Thanks
    Rudiger -- "Baltic Sea" -- Perhaps I'm having a residual drug effect, but I see a nexus of different shapes in the middle at the top of the pilings or stones. First the dominant rounds receding to exactly at the horizon, balanced on either side (almost) by the flat, smooth horizon, and then I'd swear there are/is a V-shape of cloud(s) coming down to a point at the end of the line of pilings. My eyes like to play with the image as a whole, not its parts. And you did all that with a pinhole shot. Hmmm ...
    Ozphoto -- "Stonehenge" -- well, thanks. Now I'll never have to go there. And certainly not with a camera. I do truly wish the post office didn't have machinery that drooled all over post cards. Beautiful color, something I don't feel capable of mastering. Thank you.
    Darwin -- drpsilver -- "Reflection" This can be interpreted in a number of ways in my twisted mind, but mostly I'm reminded of my own dad who tried to teach photography to a ignorant son who didn't learn what he had until it was gone ... Reflections constantly ...

More tomorrow--hand is cramped half closed.
    I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger. ("Oohlala, by the Small Faces").

I plan to make up for it by the time I''m 84 ...

Bob Slaughter (megzdad81)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by megzdad81 View Post
    OK, I WILL complete my comments--I WILL ... in no particular order

Judy C -- Oxleyroad -- "Steam" : Pulling it out of the mailbox in the bright sun, it just looked so, metallic, what a neat photo and subject. Reminds me of photos my dad had of engine rooms in freighters from before WWII. Then once inside out of the bright light, I saw the steam--duh--nice subtle touch on the intangible object of steam. Very nice;
    Steve Brown -- BoxBrownie -- "Merry-go-round" What an interesting capture of what I think is a pretty old machine. In the US the fence around the would be double-wall and padlocked, there'd be a much larger fence around the entire contraption, and the real give-away--we'd have the mandatory seatbelts! Thanks
    Rudiger -- "Baltic Sea" -- Perhaps I'm having a residual drug effect, but I see a nexus of different shapes in the middle at the top of the pilings or stones. First the dominant rounds receding to exactly at the horizon, balanced on either side (almost) by the flat, smooth horizon, and then I'd swear there are/is a V-shape of cloud(s) coming down to a point at the end of the line of pilings. My eyes like to play with the image as a whole, not its parts. And you did all that with a pinhole shot. Hmmm ...
    Ozphoto -- "Stonehenge" -- well, thanks. Now I'll never have to go there. And certainly not with a camera. I do truly wish the post office didn't have machinery that drooled all over post cards. Beautiful color, something I don't feel capable of mastering. Thank you.
    Darwin -- drpsilver -- "Reflection" This can be interpreted in a number of ways in my twisted mind, but mostly I'm reminded of my own dad who tried to teach photography to a ignorant son who didn't learn what he had until it was gone ... Reflections constantly ...

More tomorrow--hand is cramped half closed.
    Ahh, but you *really* do have to visit in the flesh. It is truly a magical place and the photo, whilst giving you a great idea, doesn't capture the feeling of actually standing there, marvelling at the incredible feat of engineering! If you'd like another one - let me know and hopefully the wonderful Postal Service will take pity on us. . . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received a very fine card from Dennis (rince). My wife said: A naked women! I know that you love that image!
    The structure of the material is very good reproduced and has a good contrast to the brighter and slightly out of focus cathedral.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    @megzdad81.

Many thanks. Glad to have reminded you of your dad's pictures. I think you'd like to see these old steam pumps in action. You can get right up to them and touch them if you are so inclined. OH&S and insurance still has not locked away the public at the Lock Nine pumps.

Oh and its Andy C. My hand writing can be appalling at times. Sorry.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin