Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,707   Online: 1031

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi all! I think I still owe come comments. Glad to see my postcards made it. I've started a new job and things have been pretty busy this summer, so I'll probably have to step out of the next round.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @piu58
    Glad to see that the 'naked woman' made it to your mailbox, since the nights get colder and we don't want her to catch a cold on the snail mail trail...
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Oops, Andy--I was just looking at the signature. And I have a very healthy respect for steam, having worked in a power plant.

Mardan -- "Berlin" -- beautiful. Wonderful tones and the soft lighting used so well. Not all postcards would I want to hang on the wall, but this is one.

Judy Higham -- "Hedy's Vase" -- Excellent! The highlights are just right--I always overdo mine. So badly that I am working on learning to develop by inspection. Right now I have an "F". I am anxious to find some low key subjects to see if I can handle them any better. You, however, seem to have captured exactly the highlights and maximum Dmax, and yet there is apparent texture in the cloth the vase is sitting on. Very elegant capture of a simple still.
    Ed Higham -- "Tree Monster" -- I don't know about monster. I see a tree being born, but I admit the hair is pretty ugly.
    I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger. ("Oohlala, by the Small Faces").

I plan to make up for it by the time I''m 84 ...

Bob Slaughter (megzdad81)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven’t commented for way too long. In that time, I’ve enjoyed the arrival of a dozen more cards:

kraker - “Old Chestnut Tree” - A beautiful cyanotype - almost jewel-like
    JimO - “alienis” - A moody and wonderfully uncertain image
    megzdad81 - “Morning Ride” - Really makes great use of sun and shadows
    mooseontheloose - “Haew Sai Waterfalls” - A very nice print, from another exotic and interesting location. I always look forward to Rachelle’s postcards
    drpsilver - “Reflection” - Intriguing and complex combination of many elements. It made me think of the really difficult year Darwin has been dealing with. All the best, Darwin
    hbooks - “A Dog in Port Aransas” - Excellent for a first print, and you can’t go wrong with a good shot of a dog!
    ndrs - “Collodion Hat” - Makes me think of magic, and only partially because of the hat
    BoxBrownie - “Merry-Go-Round” - My first reaction was it looked like winter light, which started to make sense when I saw it was from Australia
    ozphoto - “Stonehenge” - I especially liked receiving a colour photo of Stonehenge in an APUG exchange - the temptation toward black and white was well resisted
    Oxleyroad - “Steam” - A really interesting detail of a fascinating subject
    George Nova Scotia - “Reflections” - A title just one letter different from Darwin’s - and yet a really different approach. Nicely printed too
    rince - “Naked Lady” - I really like the angle of view, and the contrast between the figure in front and the background. Another excellent print as well

That's twenty down, and just four to come (Stephen Frizza, Christopher Coy, trsvax, and djhopscotch)

Thanks everyone for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found Reflections from George Richards a few day ago in my letterbox. Nice illusion of light, thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My negative is still sitting in the enlarger from the time that I was doing test prints! I hope to get into the darkroom over the weekend and finally get this done. I hate feeling guilty for being so late. My apologies!

Good news though, we are in the process of buying our house, which means I'll be building a dedicated darkroom out back after we close!

Shooter
    Medium Format

started to report on round 30....

i started to report on round 30 and found i mixed in some "late" 29 rounders, with some enthuisiastic 30 rounders. from...

oxleyroad "steam" - a wonderful pix with a wonderful story... warms your heart, (literally and figuratively!)
    rince "statue" - sexy!, you worked hard this round dennis - thanks for hanging in there.
    george nova scotia "reflections" - guess you anticipated the fall weather when choosing this neg!

thanks to each for the enjoyable photography... inspiring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I prepare to comment on round #30 cards, I discover a few round #29 cards that I have not yet commented on. First things first, so here goes:

rince, well-executed print of a life-like statue. This is what B&W was invented for. Lovely.
    George Nova Scotia reflections, indeed, it is sometimes hard to know which way is up. Lots of possibilities, certainly a very interesting composition.
    BoxBrownie Merry-go-Round, looks like an interesting (and when I say interesting, I mean dangerous-looking) contraption. Interesting find, interesting shot.

I may have overlooked a few more prints from round #29, or I may not (yet) have received all. Anyway, the "not commented on" stack is empty for now. Moving on to round #30!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I found three photos from Mike Wilde in my letterbox: Andrew Sisters, Chappel Estate Cottage and Talking about prints. I love the variety of old papers and I am glad to have an example oft these papers now. Kodak Polymax II I knew in advance, I had some packages around 10 years ago.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    21/30

rst - Baltic Sea. Rüdiger I really enjoy your pin hole pictures. Most people I show them to don't believe the detail shown can come from a pin hole
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin