Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,633   Online: 892

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I received "Delhi" yesterday. Is it part of #29, or was it part of #28?

My apologies... This card was from another exchange on another forum. I got the confused. Disregard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've spent the last 2 days printing and processing my batch of postcards. Made a few errors yesterday which required reprinting today.

First time I have printed such a large number of prints, I had a nice rhythm established through my Nova tanks and was printing in four batches of 10 before leaving the darkroom to head across the hallway into the bathroom to my wash station. Until I left the darkroom I didn't realise that I had caught the edge of the negative on the edge of the image so that was 10 that needed reprinting, the next 20 or so seemed okay and it was only after completing the final 10 images I realised that I had various wavy edges to the images, it took a moment or two to dawn on me, the level of developer had been consistently dropping from when I started and these edges were the result of no development, when I looked harder there were also a couple from the previous batch to so I ended up with another 23 to print today.

The only other mistake I made was not checking the orientation of the postcard printing on the back, so there are a number of cards which have the printing upside down, as the image was okay on these I have decided to send them out as they are, there are 10 of them so if you get one consider it a 'very special edition'

I was very surprised to see that I am the only member from the UK taking part.

Now comes the painful bit, writing out the backs of the cards. Does anyone use a printer for this? I was thinking of throwing them through my laser printer, especially as I have 23 duff cards to trial it on first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope you're having fun there Ed. I think it's fair to say most people use labels. I found using the full sheet the easiest. Just print and cut up. I tried direct printing on RC paper with both inkjet -stayed wet and smeared and laser - the toner didn't bond and rubbed off. If the fuser was hotter it might have bonded or melted the coating on the card. Your mileage may vary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ed- I did the same thing on my last round. Printed them all in the wrong orientation. I used labels too. Mail Merge in Microsoft word to automate bringing in all of the names/addresses. If you buy Avery shipping labels, you can choose the Avery label number in the mail merge list, and it will space them all properly to print one address per label.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received my first postcard this morning from Uwe Pilz, very nice image, would have been even better had the Royal Mail not run two pinky orange tramlines across the image.

Mine are all ready to go, I wrote the names & addresses out by hand this afternoon, but before that I ran them all through the Laser Printer (after about a dozen trials to get them how I wanted them) to put the info on them about the image, it worked really well except I didn't think about the static issue and they were all stuck together after they came out of the printer. The only way I could discharge the static on them was to throw the lot in a bucket of water for a few minutes and them put them back through my dryer, thankfully it didn't take too long.

My wife is off to the Post Office to pick up 38 first class airmail stamps and a single UK one for Simon, so all being well they will be in the postbox for the morning and coming to a mailbox near you all soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Received my first card, from Uwe Pilz, thanks. I love it, the old agfa paper is great and looks like it was hard to print on but it came out really well. I like the lines of the trees and the shadows.

I haven't even thought about what I'll print but I have a week off at the end of June so I plan to get them done then. I'll try for something Irish this time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last few of mine were sent off today. I ran out of Airmail stamps

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Ed, I received your card today. It is one of the fines card I ever got from this exchange. Large format can be seen even in postcards!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzle View Post
    Received my first card, from Uwe Pilz, thanks. I love it, the old agfa paper is great and looks like it was hard to print on but it came out really well. I like the lines of the trees and the shadows.

I haven't even thought about what I'll print but I have a week off at the end of June so I plan to get them done then. I'll try for something Irish this time.
    Did I write this one? No guess not as have no Irish stuff. Substitue Canadian Prairie and perhaps that is me. First time in the postcard exchange and was more than delighted with Uwe's print

Thanks. I need to make the time Sunday or early next week

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    Dear Ed, I received your card today. It is one of the fines card I ever got from this exchange. Large format can be seen even in postcards!

That's very lind of you to say Uwe, I hope others also like it

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin