Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,560   Online: 1131

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    What an amount of great cards this round! I got the card form Andrew Kiffredge(?) today.

Dear Andrew, in the adress list I find only your surname. I guess that is you: Montreal, QC H2X 2Z9, Rue de B. May be my card could not reach you. Please give your family name. If you don't got my card I'll send you another one.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received a colour postcard today from ndrs (andres), very nice image, many thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Uwe, yours was the first postcard I received--no worries. My last name is Kittredge–not sure why it wasn't included with the addresses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post
    2 more cards yesterday!!!... Edward Bray, Train... i can see every last detail, wonderful. the exposure is great as well.
    Also received a card from Andrew kittredge... wondering a bit about the exposure, which is just right for a night photohraph.
    The exposure was 8 minutes at f/22. My meter gave a spot reading of 4 minutes, so to account for reciprocity failure I did a 12 minute exposure as well. The 12 minute exposure looked a little blown out in the highlights so I printed from the 8 minute exposure. I think compensating for the long exposure with a little less time in the developer would have given a bit more highlight detail.. oh well. I hope you guys like it. Apologies for the bad handwriting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akitakita View Post
    Uwe, yours was the first postcard I received--no worries. My last name is Kittredge–not sure why it wasn't included with the addresses.
    It's in the database now, sorry about that.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first card I received for this round was from Uwe. You've explained it all in the third post of this thread, although I must admit that I was in doubt as to which one I received. I see a thistle, but I also see a winter landscape (featuring a thistle). I guess that would be the thistle, then. Hadn't realised that there are thistles that are in bloom in winter, but there you have it, the proof is on this 70-odd-year old Lupex paper. Great!

The second card arrived yesterday, Pannier Tank & Autocoach from Edward Bray. A beautiful shot, and such an amazing amount of detail. Which is no wonder, looking at the size of the negative. Lots of interesting facts as well. Autocoach, that's certainly a term that I will not forget after having read this. Lovely.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Andrew Kittredge--got your card today and am super-impressed. As a contact print it appears obvious to me that your exposure was spot on. What exactly IS the structure? I have imagined from an art museum to a transit station to a shopping mall?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by megzdad81 View Post
    Andrew Kittredge--got your card today and am super-impressed. As a contact print it appears obvious to me that your exposure was spot on. What exactly IS the structure? I have imagined from an art museum to a transit station to a shopping mall?
    Thanks! It's Montreal's Olympic Stadium for the 1976 games.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    3/30

mesantacruz - Setset at the beach card arrived yesterday. A +1 for Trond's comments.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received a nice contact print of the Olympic Stadium Structure form Andrew. Unfortunately for me my wife found it outside the front door in a bit of a sorry state where it looks to have been trodden on and left for dead in the rain by the postman (I suspect he didn't realise he had dropped it as normally he is very good). I have rewashed it to get the grit off it but there are so many lumps and bumps in it from the gravel it could almost be a braille picture.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin