Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,784   Online: 1016

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    Received a nice contact print of the Olympic Stadium Structure form Andrew. Unfortunately for me my wife found it outside the front door in a bit of a sorry state where it looks to have been trodden on and left for dead in the rain by the postman (I suspect he didn't realise he had dropped it as normally he is very good). I have rewashed it to get the grit off it but there are so many lumps and bumps in it from the gravel it could almost be a braille picture.
    Ed- I have another small round of postcards to print for non-APUG friends, I'll send you another!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by akitakita View Post
    Ed- I have another small round of postcards to print for non-APUG friends, I'll send you another!
    Thanks Andrew, that's very decent of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    4/30. Andrew Kitteridge - Olympic stadium. Amazing. I still remember as a child watching the 76 Games in colour, we had only had colour TV in the town where I grew up for two year at that stage. The stadium was always shown from either within or from a helicopter view point. There used to be a roof if I recall correctly that the cables shown I the picture could some how draw over the arena. Brilliantly captured the stadium.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright, I'm starting to fall behind in commenting on cards.

A lovely colour image from ndrs arrived today. I like the irreverant nature of the hat in the grass.

Uwe's thistles were the first to arrive. The toning/paper really works with this image.

Edward Bray's GWR Pannier Tank 6430 and Autocoach W225 is exactly the kind of train image I would like to take but can never really find (esp. here in Japan!)

I went to the Olympic Stadium on my first trip to Montreal in '96, I like the angle you decided to shoot it from Andrew. A nice take on a Canadian icon.

And Marco Santa Cruz's dreamy beachscape is an early favourite, I love the soft quality of the light, water, and shadows.

Great start to the round so far! I'm in the process of developing a huge backlog of film from my trip to Thailand and Laos earlier this year, hopefully something will reveal itself to be worthy of this exchange!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received a card today from Peter Schrader, many thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    5/30. Stephen Frizza - from the archives, arrived today in an envelope sealed with a finger print. Great card that has been claimed by my 5 year old daughter. She says if her brother (7 yrs old) can take photos why not a dressed chimp?

Thanks Stephen
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Received a great card from Andrew Kitteridge, I really like the angle, it makes for a very interesting image. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter Schrager's "Backlot" card arrived today. Interesting and slightly surreal!

Thanks,
    Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received a great postcard today from Stephen Frizza with a portrait of me on it holding a camera.

Mine also had a fingerprint on the envelope.

Shooter
    Medium Format

time to get serious...

i've been playing with different images in my mind for this round - not really working at it though. lo and behold time marches on and i'm receiving cards!!!!

gwr pannier tank from ed bray

montreal stadium from andrew kittredge

beach view from marco santa cruz

and winter scene from uwe pilz

each inspiring and fun... now i gotta get down to it and print mine!!!!

jvo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin