Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,321   Posts: 1,536,876   Online: 1083

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received three card at once:
    "Too many monkeys" from Steve Frizza
    "Weathered Pillars" from (could not decipher the name)
    "Backlog in las Vegas", including self portrait from Peter Schrager
    It is always fun to find cards from you in my letter box.
    ~

One remark to my photo

> Uwe's thistles were the first to arrive. The toning/paper really works with this image.

The paper is not toned at all. It got the yellowish hue because it is 70 years old.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received 2 Cards this morning, 1 from Trond "Shore" and the other from Red River Coulee "Weathered Pillars"

Many thanks to both of you, both very nice images indeed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The First of my post Cards Have arrived in the Mail during this week...the first arrivals were Andres (ndrs) , Edward Bray, Andrew, Uwe Pilz, mesantacruz.

Some Comments:

Uwe Pilz : I got the Cheeta. I love that you printed this on such old stock and produced such a lovely result. Many thanks.

Anders (ndrs) : I think you picked a really good image to print on this paper stock its good to see it not wasted and is nice to get a colour card. I love that style of hat.

Edward Bray : Lovely image of a train, your postcard has a ton of detail in it.Thanks for the historical story with your image. I was really impressed by your ability to print on the back of the paper, As a pro lab owner I would love to know in detail about how you went about this as inkjets certainly do not work!

Andrew: Nice architectural contact print of a 4x5" shot of a stadium. I like your tones and the shapes in this.

mesantacruz: Your postcard of the beach scene at dusk fills me with nostalgia. I love the location and your rendition of the water in this.

Many thanks for the efforts you all put into making these cards. How lovely to think your images have come from so far away.
    Last edited by Stephen Frizza; 06-28-2013 at 09:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The card from Steven Frizza arrived today. Great card!

Thanks,
    Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Edward Bray : Lovely image of a train, your postcard has a ton of detail in it.Thanks for the historical story with your image. I was really impressed by your ability to print on the back of the paper, As a pro lab owner I would love to know in detail about how you went about this as inkjets certainly do not work!
    I just put the postcards though my laser printer. I found that if I printed them in the correct orientation they came out with patches of light and dark areas so I turned the print in word upside down in a text box and put the postcards into the laser paper tray 'back to front'. All was well although I wasted a few on my trials.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Trond, your card arrived today. Very nice view! I am canoeist and see such scenes with other eyes.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format

whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by akitakita View Post
    The exposure was 8 minutes at f/22. My meter gave a spot reading of 4 minutes, so to account for reciprocity failure I did a 12 minute exposure as well. The 12 minute exposure looked a little blown out in the highlights so I printed from the 8 minute exposure. I think compensating for the long exposure with a little less time in the developer would have given a bit more highlight detail.. oh well. I hope you guys like it. Apologies for the bad handwriting!
    now i got to appreciate a great photograph on a whole other level! thanks for the thinking/info behind an impressive piece of work!!!

and with uwe pilz! take insight, courage, or testing, (all three?) - very nice!
    Last edited by JimO; 06-28-2013 at 06:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just wanted to check in...

I have received a number of absolutely amazing cards, and they are all sitting on my kitchen table waiting for more in depth reviewing.

For one reason or another, I have been traveling every weekend since April and have not been home, except for those few days off that fall in the middle of the week. Other than that I have been all over the State of Texas, and over to Louisiana more times than I can remember - and I'll be heading back again in three weeks. We've put over 5,000 miles on the brand new car that we bought on April 20th, if that gives you any indication.

I have every intention of completing an afternoon of intense printing very soon and hope to get things in the mail ASAP. Between this exchange and the FilmWasters exchange, I have something like 45 cards to print, and I insist on doing it by hand sooooo......

Anyway, thank you for your patience, and I apologize!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got a great print from Katrin Bechhold. It is a self portrait made form a collodion print. Something real special, very fine. My wife called it "real art".
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    Yesterday I got a great print from Katrin Bechhold. It is a self portrait made form a collodion print. Something real special, very fine. My wife called it "real art".
    I agree, I got my copy this morning. Very nice.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin