Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,607   Online: 989

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I received a beautiful card from Trond the other day, called 'Shore'. I really like the calmness it provides, thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    7/30. Two more this week.

Trond - Shore. Wonderfull detail, and well framed image.
    redrockcoulee - Weathered Pillars. Great image of the water (snow), wood and water.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just returned from a two-week trip to California and Nevada. My plan was to mail all postcards to US addresses from there to save on postage and ensure faster delivery. Unfortunately, British Airways managed to lose one of our suitcases. Sadly it was the one that contained an envelope with all the cards.

I'm no longer hoping to recover the suitcase. However, I'll wait for another week before deciding what to do about the missing cards. I have a few spares but not enough for everybody. This would mean some of you will receive a repacement print as I've run out of the expired Kodak colour paper it was printed on.

The rest of the cards will go out in the next few days after I've found time to go to the post office and buy stamps for them.

Sorry,
    Andres

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Andres, that's rotten news. But all part of the exchange. We will all look forward to whatever you decide to send out.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh wow, this sounds like a brilliant idea. I'm going to get up to speed before the next exchange begins.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes viridari it is a wonderful idea. Next sign up start September 1st, see you there!

Today I opened my mailbox and found 201 cards! One from Trond and 200 I'll mention later.

So far this round I received cards from:

Trond "Shore"
    Peter Schrager "Backlot in Las Vegas with Photographer"
    Andrew's "Hello from Montreal"
    Red Rock Coulee's "Weathered Pillars"
    mesantacruz untitled Surfers
    Ed Bray's "GWR Pannier Tank 6430"
    piu58's "Carline Thistle" toned with time

and the other 200? Well I received two unopened boxes of Spiratone Photocard paper made in Germany. I have no idea if it's any good, but we'll have to see in the next few days what becomes of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well mine are now on their way.

The US and international cards were mailed from the US, while the Canadian ones were mailed from here.

And this time I dealt with the fortunate problem I have with this exchange.

The problem? Of the 40 or so participating in this round, 4 of us are in the same Darkroom Photography Group!

And the other three are on my list.

And they have seen almost all my recent stuff.

So most of my cards are of one photo, but my Darkroom Group friends are getting two others.

Hope you enjoy them.

I'll do my best to soon comment on those I have received.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My postcards are in the mail...

I have received a few very nice cards. I will comment on them once I receive some more.

Eugene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been developing a huge backlog of film -- around 40 rolls -- in hopes that I'll have something new to deliver to the exchange. I'm almost done (only 8 more rolls to go) so hopefully I get prints out by the end of the month.

In the meantime, I've received some really great postcards, but I'll have to comment on them later when I'm a bit more organized!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Postcards are all off

Sent my last few Canadian postcards yesterday and US and international postcards last week while we were at Orcas Island. I may have found my next postcard photo on Orcus Island. Every time I took a picture I kept thinking there's another postcard.
    Cheers
    Bruce (steelbar)

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin