Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,720   Online: 794

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelbar View Post
    Sent my last few Canadian postcards yesterday and US and international postcards last week while we were at Orcas Island. I may have found my next postcard photo on Orcus Island. Every time I took a picture I kept thinking there's another postcard.
    Cheers
    Bruce (steelbar)
    And I received one this morning, it has got US stamps on so must have been sent from Orcus Island.

Great image and a very nice postcard, one of the few that has not picked up any damage on its flight across the Atlantic.

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG Postcard Exchange #29

Our Canadian postcards are being mailed as I write this. U.S. and International postcards will be mailed this week!
    Something a little different, hope you like 'em. bluejeh & bluejeh2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got a very fine print: Boat Building Shed form steelbar. I love the tonal reproduction of the old wood.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received a very nice print from Matt King this morning, many thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After a few slow weeks, the mailbox is filling up again. Three prints received over the past few days:
    Steve Frizza sent a great portrait. I don't remember you taking this picture of me, but I like it a lot. Well printed, as is to be expected. Excellent.
    steelbar, boat building shed. Beautiful to see the textures of the wood, combined with the different lines in the photo. Lovely. Well printed, lots of detail.
    Matt King, Pump House Graffiti. Abandoned, broken down places, graffiti, it absolutely works for me. The toning is very nice as well.

My cards are printed. I hope I will manage to address and send them by the end of this week.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Two more cards arrived: Pump house graffite from Matt King and Airport security form anikin. Thank you very much!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had five really nice cards so far, but haven't commented yet, so here goes:

piu58 - "Carline Thistle" - Looking at this card, you can feel the cold. And the old paper gives it a classic tone.
    Ed Bray - "GWR Pannier Tank 6430 & Autocoach W225 - An interesting subject, printed well
    Peter Schrager - "Backlot in Las Vegas" - The collection/selection of complementary shapes makes this for me.
    redrockcoulee - "Weathered Pillars" - A very nice use of tones and repetition
    Trond - "Shore" - Lovely repeating ripples and surrounding textures. The wide borders really suit this.

That's five down, and nineteen to go. Thanks everyone for participating.

PS Just one request to those who haven't sent their cards out yet. It really helps those of us who are slightly disorganized if you include the postcard exchange round number, your name and a title.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And three more cards arrived today - all from my Darkroom Group friends.

steelbar - "The Boat Building Shed" - an excellent small print that really highlights graphic elements and texture - wonder if this is part of our group's Pyro experiment?
    bluejeh - "Hedy's Vase" - well lit, interesting item complete with flowers in black and white - often a challenge. And very nicely printed!
    bluejeh2 - "Tree Monster" - bluejeh2 knows that I really like forest scenes, and this is an intriguing one. The print is well done, and the cooler tones chosen are intriguing - I tend to default to something warmer for these sorts of roots and leaves, but I like to see a different approach.

That's eight down, and sixteen to come,

Thanks everyone for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards are in the mail! Time for me to relax .

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got a very nice environmental portrait today from anikin, Airport Security, Korean style.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin