Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,004   Online: 1099

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I didn't get the postcard with the angel but, lordy, I love the back story. Thanks for the link!
    I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger. ("Oohlala, by the Small Faces").

I plan to make up for it by the time I''m 84 ...

Bob Slaughter (megzdad81)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    02 Jan 2014

TXFZ1:

Cool story! Thanks for the link. I would not want to be in business with either of the characters.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got the nice shot of a magpie form Oxleyroad. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now they start tumbeling in - a nice way to start my new year!

I received:
    Racing Stripes& Liechen by bluejeh - thid is my favorite this round, I love the texture, the tonality, the way it makes me wonder... great!

Reflection of cowgirl... by bluejeh2 - a jocular portrait - and it shows so many very American ingredients I have to smile thinking it will probably be taken in Canada

Willy Wag Tail by Andy C: this birdie looks so very important, I can see why she wanted you to keep your distance ;-)

Low Winter sunshine by Black dog - I was 'fighting' with a still-life of oranges and nuts trying to get them as a wetplate - I like the detail and it gave me encouragement to keep on trying! Thank you

It was a great round and I received really fantastic and inspiring photographs! Thank you all very much!
    Looking forward to see from you all!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    22/31

Little comments this time as the kids are restless to get out and enjoy the cold Summer we have down here in Melbourne.

Kc2edh - Trout Brook
    mjs - Be the art
    Peter Schrager - Game Arcade
    Mark_S - Loco from the Niles Canyon Railway
    Sly - Evening at the Cardboard House. Toned Print?? Very warm colour to the postcard
    Craig cross - Sunset in Maui
    Black Dog - Low Winter Sunshine. The size of the card and the framing does the oranges justice. It is looked at time and time again.
    Jim17x - Being Followed
    TXFZ1 - Pitcher Window
    Steelbar - The Olga Store
    Matt King - Roots
    anikin - Taipei Night Markets. Durian fruit one of my favorites! They are available here in Melbourne only for a short time as we only get the 'seconds'. The 'firsts' most of the fruit is exported. Only colour postcard this round
    BoxBrownie - Morris Dancers In Flight
    pilami - Mann mit Hut. What paper is this? Such a heavy weight paper has ensured safe delivery to Oz.
    drpsilver - Krishna
    rince - Beauty. wonderful detail
    jimo - Washington and Jefferson
    George Nova Scotia - Snowman. Loved the Christmas touch. I used to make this sort of thing when I was a teenager and I could get my hands on plenty of lith film from the local newspaper office
    kraker - Foodmarket in Houlgate, France
    mesantacruz - Splash at OB Pier
    Mardan - The Open Door
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I received the cards form Ed an Judy Higham. Again, very fien prints, thank you.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright. My prints are done, labelled, and will be mailed this morning. Apologies everyone for the delay, this has been an incredibly busy semester for me, and I'm only now just catching up with everything.

Of course, I've received a lot of great cards from everyone this round, and these are what I have so far, in kind of a thematic order:

A couple of people reflected in side mirrors by Jim17x and bluejeh2
    The old, abandoned and used by Matt King, TXFZ1, Kc2edh, and Mardan
    A trade yard from piu58, an arcade by Peter Schrager, two presidential monuments by JimO, and a nice locomotive detail by Mark_S
    Some moody oranges (I think) from Black Dog, and some gorgeous hydrangeas by rince -- wish I could get the textures and tones you got with this!
    A great HIE shot by Sly (of course) -- I have a few rolls left of HIE myself, I hope I can find some worthwhile subjects for it when I move to Kyoto this spring
    Some holiday cheer by George Nova Scotia -- I love the idea of these film masks!
    A nice detailed shot of lichen and racing stripes from bluejeh -- this photo really appeals to me for reasons I can't explain (other than maybe it's something I would shoot myself!)
    A happy little bird by Andy C., who was also kind enough to send me a card from Steelbar, as it apparently got stuck to his and made it's way to Australia instead of Japan! Thanks Andy!
    People jumping (wet or dry) by labcoat and BoxBrownie -- these two prints go really well together!
    Two very different kinds of markets by anikin (Taipei) and kraker (France)
    Contemplative "Krishna" by drpsilver, and the very fun "Be the Art" by mjs
    And last, but not least, "Mann mit Hut" by pilami. Love the subject, the framing, the paper. Definitely my favorite of this round.

Thanks everyone!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My apologies to all - it's been a crazy end to the year and I've been snowed under with work. I'll be posting my cards out ASAP - and looking forward to seeing what's in my mailbox when I get back home next week.

Shooter
    Medium Format

last batch?

from...

jacco de kraker, , food market - the matte surface really fits - a nice subtle effect matching the subject and tones.
    mike wild, a rathere seriuos looking print critiques, a wonderful throw-back to the 50's with legoland, (sans mic's), and a icely composed cottage that almost begs for a thatched roof.
    maradan, the open door, a pensive view of the past, well done.
    oxleyroad, willie wag tail - i can imagine you running all over for this one - been there, done that!
    the dynamic duo, higham's, judy - racing stripes & lichen - "what is that on?" very interesting. and from edward, reflection... i haven't picked my favorite from this round, but this could be one!

thank you for such fun!

jvo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I received the beautiful sun flower form Rachelle (mooseontheloose). I especially like the subtle shadings of white.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin