Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,547   Online: 966

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    29 Oct 2013

I have received some very nice cards. My comments follow in no particular order (how the pile ordered its self).
    "Being Followed" by Jim17x is a very nice perspective on the world. It is nice to see that it is not a policeman. Nicely composed and printed.
    The card from Mark_S makes me want to go back to Niles and photograph. Good range of tones and really sharp. Well done.
    It is hard to believe the subject of Peter Schrager's card is from Downtown Los Angeles. I would have thought Japan. Neat perspective on those playing the games.
    The card "Be the Art" from mjs has a story. Having been involved in "paint fights" they can be very fun, and the resulting clothing is unique. This woman looks like she is having fun.
    It is nice to see Sly back in the PCE. "Evening at the Cardboard House" must have a story behind the image. Lots of possibilities to imagine.
    The card from piu58 of Steibs Hof is very nicely photographed. The matt paper fits the subject very well. I can almost feel the roughness of the stone.

Thanks to all for some really nice images.

My cards are on the drying racks, and hopefully will be mailed by weeks end.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have received 3 more cards in the past couple of weeks:

• Welcome back Sly! "Evening at the Cardboard House"
    • Peter Schrager's "Downtown Los Angeles"
    • mj's "Be the Art"

All wonderful cards which show a full mix of styles and subjects, and that's what makes the PCE such a blast!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    glad to see my cards are getting where they need to be !!
    best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark S's card arrived today - "Engine #2"; welcome to the PCE Mark, great to have you on board!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received 3 cards last week and 2 today.

"Being Followed" Jim17x - really like the unusual viewpoint and framing.
    "Be the Art" mjs - a lovely relaxed, happy, and paint-smeared artist.
    "Game Arcade" - Peter's glimpse into a world I'm not familiar with. Is the boy someone you know?
    MarkS's beautifully printed locomotive arrived today, as did TXFZ1's "Angry Angel" - softly lit, and not THAT angry.

Glad to know my cards are getting to their new homes. Looking forward to checking the mailbox daily for more treats.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    have accumulated a small batch of enthusiastic 30 rounders... to start...

mark_s "steam engine", a cyanotype, very gutsy for 1st time participant! i like it , and it arrived relatively unscathed in the post!
    jim17x "being followed", very ominous, (an i being paranoid?), especially w the look-a-like police car in front - sign of the times?!
    sly "evening at the cardboard house" - whimsical, lyrical, greating seeing as HIE, and well-done!
    squiggle? "pitcher window" - can feel the delicate pitcher, light and beatiful - functional... well photographed and printed.
    peter schrager "game arcade" - with the silk finish, gotta look onto it and wander around!
    mjs "be the art" - yup, fun, captured well... nothing like being a kid again! the joy and abandon shows!
    ozphoto "stonehenge" - drama! and that bird(?) makes the shot! how'd you get it there?
    rudiger "baltic sea" - now that's a superb image, great use of pinhole cam, great seeing, wonderful composition... wow
    piu58 "steib's hof" - nothing like it in florida! i want to move right in! time for a trip back to germany!
    craig cross "sunset in mau" not approved by the tourist bureau i can feel the wind! nice print!

thanks to each of you for the enjoyable and thought-provoking images. i appreciate your hard work.

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    have accumulated a small batch of enthusiastic 30 rounders... to start...

mark_s "steam engine", a cyanotype, very gutsy for 1st time participant! i like it , and it arrived relatively unscathed in the post!
    jim17x "being followed", very ominous, (an i being paranoid?), especially w the look-a-like police car in front - sign of the times?!
    sly "evening at the cardboard house" - whimsical, lyrical, greating seeing as HIE, and well-done!
    squiggle? "pitcher window" - can feel the delicate pitcher, light and beatiful - functional... well photographed and printed.
    peter schrager "game arcade" - with the silk finish, gotta look onto it and wander around!
    mjs "be the art" - yup, fun, captured well... nothing like being a kid again! the joy and abandon shows!
    ozphoto "stonehenge" - drama! and that bird(?) makes the shot! how'd you get it there?
    rudiger "baltic sea" - now that's a superb image, great use of pinhole cam, great seeing, wonderful composition... wow
    piu58 "steib's hof" - nothing like it in florida! i want to move right in! time for a trip back to germany!
    craig cross "sunset in mau" not approved by the tourist bureau i can feel the wind! nice print!

thanks to each of you for the enjoyable and thought-provoking images. i appreciate your hard work.

jvo
    squiggle? here Thank you for the comment on my photo of the pitcher.

I am very relieved to see my postcards are being delivered.

So far, the delivery order has been

jim17x "being followed", Wonderfull composition and tonality
    piu58 "steib's hof", love to wonder around this photo
    peter schrager "game arcade", I can also look at this photo and discover new things
    mjs "be the art", beautiful portrait of someone having such great fun
    sly "evening at the cardboard house", love the portrait of tree , one of my most difficult subjects
    mark_s "locomotive #2", wow,

I look forward to opening the mailbox and my fridge is getting crowded. This is my first exchange and such great fun!

David

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I loved 'Be the Art ' too
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received two more cards:
    A cyanotype print of an old steam locomotive from marks_s. Very fine shot! This card encourages me to try cyanotype ba myself. The card survived the transort fine, only a blotch in one of the corners, obviously from a drop of water.
    rince sent me a fine print (in the double sense of the word) from his beauty - a flower. Thank you very much. Taking photos really helps to see more and to see more intense.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Again two cards: Krishna by drpsilver:I love these fine shadows of grey! And Downtown Los Angeles form Peter Schrager, a slightly enigmatic image. Thank you"
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin