Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,660   Online: 1153

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is really an nice change to get home and find another beautiful postcard in the mailbox!
    This time I received
    Krishna by drpsilver,a really interesting picture, nice contrast between the lively trees and branches and this solid wall, I really like the thougtful and serene mood
    and rince sent Beauty - first thing I liked was the wonderful black background, then I liked the rest very much ;-) its a great picture - stunning
    I'm feeling a littler pressured to get my cards out because I received so many already, hope this weekend the weather will be bad enough to get me going!

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In no particular order, here's what I've received so far:

"Krishna" from darwin. Pensive, with lovely sunlit tones. It's gloomy and rainy here, so a spot of sun is appreciated!
    Locomotive, from Mark S. Solid, industrial Art Deco. Mmm -- my favorite art period!
    "Pitcher Window" from TFZ1. Lovely light, a classical shape. Wheee!
    "Evening at the Cardboard House" by Sly. Infra-red landscape that glows in the dark! Well, it seems like it should, anyway!
    "Steibs Hof" from piu58. Enjoyed very much, thank you! How fast do you suppose one could drive a carriage through there?
    "Being Followed" from Jim17x. Makes me feel like southern California for some reason. I have an Olympus Stylus I got for $3 from a charity store I use for the same sort of thing. Strangely, although very different, your photo reminds me strongly of Linda McCartney's photograph of Paul through the rear-view mirror I saw in her Roadworks show here in Elkhart back in 2000. Lots of fun!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have finally printed and mailed my postcards. It's been a lot of work, but I'm happy it's done! Sorry about being late.

Here's what I have received so far:

Piu58 - Leipzig old town. A photo of a very beautiful gate printed on a nice Emaks paper. I love European architecture and you have picked a fine example of it.

Jim17x - Being Followed. A pretty cool snapshot. Very difficult to take. You've got a great eye!

Peter Schrager - Game Arcade. Interesting composition, near abstract. At first glance, I thought it was taken somewhere in Tokyo!

Mjs - Be the art. Oh, wow! What a portrait! Just super!

TXFZ1 - Kleb Garden. Beautiful contact print of a garden.

Mark_s - cyanotype of a train. Wow, that's a lot of work - making so many cyanotypes! The print came in perfect condition, and it is very beautiful!

Sly - oh, HIE shot! I love infrared photos. And this is a very fine example of one. I am so upset that I have never got a chance to shoot HIE film. I love your print!

Rince - beauty. A fantastic macro shot of a flower. Thank you!

Drpsilver - Krishna. Wonderful quiet mood. It is a very nice and relaxing shot. I like it very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear anikin - the FujiFlex paper is incredible! And teh night market too. Thank you.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very chuffed with all mine so far
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    4 more cards to put up on my board:
    "Krishna" from drpsilver - very moody
    "The Olga Store" - from steel bar - archetypical small town store, and the story behind it.
    "Beauty" - from rince - lovely lighting on a flower cluster - something from the onion family, I believe
    And, just yesterday - "Mann Mit Hat" - from pilami - my favorite, so far. Mysterious, mundane, and beautifully printed. Would love to see the rest of the series.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I swear I'm working on mine--I was in test print mode last weekend, and it's supposed to rain this weekend.

I'd have been done long ago, but Sly beat me to it with her wonderful HIE IR image, so I have to save mine for later. Trying 5x7 Delta 100 this time. The first test took 14 minutes to BEGIN to bring up an image in Lodima Contact paper, so I guess maybe the image was a little over-exposed ...

Found ONE LAST ROLL of HIE IR in the freezer last week!!

MJS -- "Be The Art" -- love it, but would love it better in color! She looks just like an Indiana girlfriend I had at Purdue in '70. Fond memories of friends and fun.
    Anikin -- "Taipei Night Market Delight" -- I don't know how you guys do the color. My hat's off to you I can only barely manage the B&W ...
    Jim17x -- "Being Followed" -- I know you have to be in the right place at the right time with the right setup, but I'd really liked it if the mirror almost filled the frame. there was too much distraction with the other car and trees and sidewalk. Well caught, tho, if you were driving and one handed it!
    Sly--'Evening at the Cardboard House' -- Very very nice. I plan to use mine in the spring in the Smokiess, and i'm waiting for those cool green spring leaves snfpslr flowers.
    PUI58--'Steib's Hof is verynice . I rememeber places like that in London, but ornate
    Darwin--"Krishna" -- The what is it and what is it doing? My mind tells me it's the image of a down-and-out
    peter -- Downtown LA Game Arcade--I'll bet the guy never knew you were there.
    I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger. ("Oohlala, by the Small Faces").

I plan to make up for it by the time I''m 84 ...

Bob Slaughter (megzdad81)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just finished printing all mine tonight! They'll be mailed out after my hands fall off from all the writing haha. So many nice cards have come in so far, here's everyone who I've gotten:

Mann mit Hut - pilami.
    Taipei Night Market Delights - anikin.
    Be The Art - mjs.
    Steibs Hof - piu58.
    Evening at the Cardboard House - sly.
    Game Arcade - Peter Schroger.
    Being Followed - Jim17x
    Kleb Garden - ?
    ALCO #2 - mark_s
    Krishna - Darwin
    Beauty - rince.

Can't wait to see the rest!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received a most exquisite card from Katrin. It certainly makes an intriguing
    story. It would be very interesting to see your book. By the way, never in my life i have seen a jacket made of camel hair! Your card is a real treasure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards have finally made their way into the postal systems - Canada Post for the Canadian destinations and the US Postal Service for all the rest.

There are two different cards. One, titled "Roots" for half of the recipients and the other, titled "Locked" to the other half of the recipients.

No particular rationale for who gets which one, other than to make sure bluejeh and bluejeh2 don't end with the same one .

The cards I've received so far are great, and deserving of individual comment. That is coming soon!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin