Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,832   Online: 1070

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    No worries Matt!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Posted mine the other day but had a bit of a shock. The international postcard price had jumped from $1.70 last round to $2.60, ninety cents!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far I have received nine excellent cards. I’ve been slow in commenting, but hope to catch up here.

piu58-“Steibs Hof”-An impressive edifice well photographed and printed in a way that emphasizes its weight
    sly-“Evening at the Cardboard House”-This photo glows. It doesn’t surprise me that sly has an affinity for HIE, given the success she has with lith
    mjs-“Be The Art”-Does an excellent job of incorporating energy and movement. Well printed.
    TXFZ1-“Pitcher Window”-A very nice contact print of an atmospheric setting
    Mark_S-“Locomotive - Niles Canyon Railway”-A strong shot showing intriguing detail
    Steelbar-“Olga Store”-Geometrically intriguing, and very well printed
    drpsilver-“Krishna”-Draws you in, and makes you wonder. Excellent print
    rince-“Beauty”-Another excellent contract print - great impact
    anikin-“Taipei Night Market Delights”-The first colour card of the round. An interesting scene printed on interesting media

Nine down, with fifteen to come.

Thanks everyone for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A post just to let all of you know that I'm not missing in action. I hope to print my cards the coming weekend. Have received a bunch of beautiful prints already, will comment on them soon.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    A post just to let all of you know that I'm not missing in action. I hope to print my cards the coming weekend. Have received a bunch of beautiful prints already, will comment on them soon.
    Likewise. This has been a busy fall, and it seems that I haven't had any free time since early September. Things will settle down in a couple of weeks when I hope to get into the darkroom.

In the meantime I've received a lot of great cards, which I hope to comment on soon.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is really fun to come home to such nice surprises like

anikin-'Taipei Night Market Delights' - great to get a coulor-postcard, that alone was unexpected! Love the setting and the paper, seems a very inetrersting and busteling place to go!

Tyzzi ? - Kleb Garden - what a unusual sight, I like this dominating pole and the strong diagonals that are created by the viewpoint

Mark_S - unbelievable, a real cyanotype! I never laid hands on a real one, I am absolutely stupefied by this wonderful work, I cannot imagine how much time the printing took - absolutly great - thanks!

Katrin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @sly and anikin:

Thank you very much for your very warm and encouraging comments! I am rather shy with showing my work and was unsure, if I should put the book about the 'Mann mit Hut' up for everyone to see (had some rather heated discussions with my photo-pals in those last days...).

Not least to your reactions to my card I decided to dare this leap and be courageous. If you want to read the whole story you can find it at the blurb bookshop 'Eine kleine Geschichte vom Mann mit Hut' - I think 'Mann mit Hut' shoul suffice as well.

So I want to thank you very much for this shove!!!
    Katrin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just received Trout Brook Club. It is alway interesting to look for traces of the past. Thank you, Ryan (kc2edh)
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too-one of my favourites so far from this round.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I found the card Locked in my letterbox. I love the mix of material shown in very subtle shades of grey. Thank you, Matt King.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin