Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,439   Online: 885

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received 'Trout Brook' by Kc2edk. It is quite mysterious, although there is no real clear evidence that this club is closed or not longer existing I get the disinst feeling of something out of the past.Gerat mood, i like it very very much.Katrin

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, time for some overdue comments on cards received so far.

First one this round was Lilian Sly. Evening at the cardboard house. Not sure I can match the title to the scene, but… I like both, especially the photo. Good to have you back on board, Lillian, and great to see this beautiful HIE shot.
    TXFZ1, pitcher window, you caught the light perfectly, the pitcher has an almost silvery glow to it. Great still life.
    Mark_S, locomotive detail, another beautiful print, well composed, great.
    mjs, be the art. I can just keep looking at this print. Great fun was had, that is what the picture breathes, I feel like I was there just by looking at it. Goes to show that even a colorful event works out well in B&W.
    drpsilver, Krishna, contemplative, tranquil, serene. A soothing and calming print in a busy world.
    rince …and another calming print. Beauty. Great detail (obviously), well executed. Usually, taking photos like these is not really a calming activity. That is… if you do it outside, where the wind constantly moves your subject subtly out of focus. But… the calm is there, thanks.
    anikin, Taipei night market delights. This breathes the atmosphere of such a market (as I imagine it to be; never been there, but with this print, I feel like I'm there, just for a while). As others mentioned, great paper, I really like it. Comparable to the look of Ilfochrome as I remember it.
    Kc2edh, Trout Brook, maybe my comments get boring, but all I can say is that this is yet another lovely shot and great print. Lovely atmosphere, it all matches.

That's what I have received so far. Just a small note; not all cards included the number of this exchange, so I hope I have attributed them all correctly.
    Great cards so far, looking forward to more!

As for my contribution: I printed my cards last weekend, on old Agfa Brovira paper. The next morning, they were all curled up, so they are now spending some time beneath a big, heavy stack of books. So I ask for just one or two more weeks of your patience. I might decide to send them in envelopes anyway, depending on how curly they still are next week.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Kraker. The photo was taken at the Cardboard House Bakery. A unique and wonderful place on Hornby Island. The story behind it's name is here: http://thecardboardhousebakery.com/our-story/.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lots of great cards so far, I hope to comment soon. Not much time left in the offical print and send portion. I had hoped to print last night but mother nature had other plans. Nasty mother nature!

Round 31 sign up will start Jan1st 2014!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hangovers permitting hehehe...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lillian, I'm glad I asked, because as it turns out, there is a story behind the title. Thank you for sharing that.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format

officially

yup, officially, i'm late.

i completed my printing, toning, etc. (except for 6 cards), and will print labels this week, and have ALL in the mail by a week from today - at the latest.

i could give some legit excuses - two new grandchildren, at opposite ends of the country - both born within 30 minutes of each other! truth is, i did procrastinate. i hope your tolerance is rewarded with an image worthy of the delay!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too. Hoping to finally get some darkroom time in this weekend. I haven't forgotten about you all!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everything's big in Japan
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've been slow to print and comment this round. Prints done, will be posted Wednesday 11th when I can next get to the Post Office.

Comments will be made for all of the great cards received so far before Xmas. Right now flat out ensuring I have employment next year...
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin