Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,320   Posts: 1,536,849   Online: 1117

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards were -finally- posted yesterday.

This morning, there was an item on the news about today being the busiest day of the year in the sorting centers of the Dutch post. I sure hope the international cards don't get lost between all the holiday greetings, I'm hoping for the best!

Will soon comment on the newly received cards.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday i got Washington and Jefferson by James O'Gara. It is the first sepia toned print I ever hold in my hand. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just received a great card from Mardan. It shows an open but nearly impassable door. Fine shot, thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Some of mine went our on the 11th as promised, the balance, more than half went out today.

Merry Christmas everyone :-)
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for being late this round. The cards are finished, but I don't have any labels or stamps, and as I'm off to Bali early tomorrow it looks like I won't be able to mail them off until I get back in January. So, they're coming, they'll just be late!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received one of the fines postcards ever - Bald river falls from Bob Slaughter. Bo wrote he had problems to get the high contrasty scene on paper but the result ist awsome!

What a nice xmas surprise.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too-top effort!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I apologize for taking so long to comment on the postcards I have received. I had cataract surgery on December 18--it was amazing how quickly it came on. Also very scary, what with photography being my artistic outlet. I will do better in the future, now that I can see again.

1. Jake Williams—“a moment observed”—wonderful picture, Jake. Reminds me of sitting with my father while we were getting ready to fish.
    2. George Richards—“snowman”—interesting found moment, George, and my wife was really surprised by the Kodak format for the printing. How do you actually do the contact printing-do you make the contact and then expose the pictures separately, or do you expose the picture through the mass?
    3. Marco— “sea spray”— I hope you weren’t so close you got sprayed yourself I like the picture I like the sharpness of the capture of the spray, and I like the tonal variation across the picture.
    4. Ryan— “Trout Brook Club”— I really like this picture it provokes the thought of you having to open the door to get into the Trout fishing area— it’s not every park that you enter through a wooden door.
    5. Steel bar— “the Olga store”— thank you for the nostalgic look at Orcas Island. I have become conscious in the last few years of what a poor student of history I was. Now I’m finding that things are disappearing faster than they ever came about, and I can’t keep up. I guess the same thing could be said about film photography, but I hope not.
    6. Mark S— “locomotive detail”— wonderful photo. Your reference to the Niles Canyon Railway caused me to look it up on the Internet. When I got there I found a photo of what looks like the same engine with horns from a 14 point buck mounted on the front of the engine above the light and it looks like it says Quincy Railroad. I couldn’t tell if it was someone’s picture of a engine from somewhere else, or if it was part of the railway. If not, what a coincidence!
    7. Dennis (rince)— ‘Beauty’-- I agree with you about beauty in detail, but I have not tried it with my 4 x 5 yet. So much to do, so little time. Work keeps getting in the way. What was the film?
    8. Dennis— “Kleb Garden”-- your postcard said Rose Hill, Texas but when I look up Kleb Garden on the Internet, it says it’s in Tomball, Texas. What interesting names we encounter in our travels and postcard exchanges. Thanks for the image.
    9. Jim O— “Washington and Jefferson”— interesting approach to the memorials. I have never tried toning, myself. There’s not a lot of contrast in the image even with the clouds is a saw result of toning? Judging from the sky you had a glorious day.
    10. Katrin— “Mann Mitt Hut”— another very unique photo. Wonderful tonal range, wonderfully sharp, I really like all the textures. You didn’t mention what kind of paper this is, or film? Thanks for a wonderful image.
    11. Matt King— “Roots”— what an interesting find! To tell the truth, my overactive imagination caused me to look in the image for a hobbit hole … I’m sure there’s one there! Naturally, I looked it up on the Internet, and after finding there was a watershed Park in Olympia, WA, I figured out your Watershed Park is near Vancouver, Canada-- both areas I love to visit. Thanks for sharing.
    I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger. ("Oohlala, by the Small Faces").

I plan to make up for it by the time I''m 84 ...

Bob Slaughter (megzdad81)

Shooter
    Multi Format

PE#30 - Progress

Hey folks, our postcards are almost ready. Will be in the mail on Monday! bluejeh and bluejeh2

Shooter
    Medium Format

whole bunch!!!

"le roziel", jake williams/black dog - nice print, great impact, raises a nice question - warm feeling

"bald river falls", bs - wonderfaul waterfall scene - classic and well done

"snowman", george richards/george nova scotia - right in season! a liottle long in the tooth tho'?!

"taipei nights", eugene anikin/anikin - thank god i ate dinner, i woulda' spent some nt$ were i there! delicious!

"beauty", dennis/rince, yup DOF! and can look right in and admire nature.

"cyanotype", mark_s/mark sauerwald - wow , a cyanotype, impressive and i'm very jealous!

"krishna", darwin/drpsilver, great technique, and thoughtful! what a photograph should be!

"morris dancers in flight", steve brown/box brownie, interesting story, intriguing...

"locked", matt king - detail, texture, and interest.

"trout broo", ryan/kc2edh - historic record and interesting with drama...

"mann mit hut", katiz - great photgraph - and can see where it would lead to a book!

great group of psotcards this round... thank you! happy new year.

jvo

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin